Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Wishing a quick turnaround, Missy. It must be water weight.

MJ, I love it when you post. It's the smile, I think, plus your encouraging nature shows through your messages.

Still need to get busy. My hands have shut down - Raynaud's Syndrome. It makes it hard to do much when they are acting like this - a cross between intensely painful and intensely cold.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 AM

for me it's eat or post online....

*MISSY*

it MUST be water retention!! just keep doing what ur doing.. it will come off slowly.... u have come so far...
Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM

Missy

You have been working so very hard. We are so proud of all that you are doing to get this surgery. Don't give up on yourself now, you have an inner strength that will get you through. I will continue my prayers that you will achieve all that you strive for.

Lisa
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good afternoon all! We all seem to be having our ups and downs right now. I do believe we can do this. Missy I know you can! You have come a long way already. Be positive honey, be positive!! MJ you are such a sweet heart and you are always here to cheer everyone on. Hugs my dear. Lisa I love it that you are posting again and I hope things are getting better you and your kids. I think of you often. Bluteddi I saw your picture and was trying to figure why you are trying to lose weight. You are beautiful. You all have a great day. I've been cleaning due to frustrations with life right now. I clean in order to relieve stress.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by irishrose

MJ, I love it when you post. It's the smile, I think, plus your encouraging nature shows through your messages.

Still need to get busy. My hands have shut down - Raynaud's Syndrome. It makes it hard to do much when they are acting like this - a cross between intensely painful and intensely cold.
I hope this doesn't last too long. I hadn't ever heard of this syndrome but it sure doesn't sound good. Prayers for a quick recovery for you.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Tru

Better to find out now he is not the one for you, when you only have a little time invested, (and I hope only a microscopic part of your heart). I only wish life could just be a little less painful for all of us.

Lisa
Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose

Irish, I'm so sorry you have to deal with Reynauds. I had a friend with it, so painful. Does the cold weather make it worse? If you'll help me in my sewing room I'll let you visit me down south. The highs today are 83, etc. Very sunny and very warm. I have the a/c on!

Lisa, I pray for your family every day. Are your circumstances any better? Do you have any one helping you?

Tru, don't give up on yourself. You have found food to be a comfort to you. Try to transfer that comfort to fabric, sewing, or something less damaging to your health. (I know, easier said than done)

I'm having another good day. My gut is doing the flippy thing, but so far I can at least write, etc.

Where's Jennifer?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 AM

Carrie,
I can tell you have been thinking of me and I really appreciate all of the good vibes you are sending my way.
Lisa

Update us on the chartiy work.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Bluteddi,
I did not offer my sympathy in the passing of your loved one. I pray that you have comfort and warm memories until you can be reunited.

Sandy, Thanks for the encouragement. I always smile when I see your posts, they feel like a warm hug.

Missy! Have you had a good day? I think of you when I bask in the sunshine...and smile.

:-)
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Purplemen,
Thank you also for all of your kind thoughts. I am feeling a little better each day (physically, mentally and spiritually). I am going to have to have surgery to repair a few things but I am putting it off until I can get the girls really stable and settled. (Please Don't scold me I am getting it soon, I know it is important)
Lisa