Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Lisa we MISS you. Hope things are getting some what better. Nothing in life is PERFECT!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM

I read 4 pages of posts and now I have forgotten everything I wanted to say. My apologies.

Missy, we all believe in you!

Sandy, glad you had a wonderful visit and you are safely home.

Carrie, my kid is like yours - can't breathe without the computer. I really think he'd be worse off without his cell phone. He texts for 99% of his socializing.

MJ, we have the a/c on also. Is your air filled with pollen?

A friend of mine, (actually met through this board) told me about KT Tapes. Gonna use them to see if it helps with my knee. I don't have a brace for the left one - this is so much cheaper than that.

I hate the goodies out this time of year. Robins eggs everywhere! I need to be strong!

Have a wonderful Monday evening. I am about to pick up my hand work.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I AM SO UPSET! I just went to weigh in at the hospital and since last Wednesday I have GAINED 15 POUNDS!! The surgeon was there when I weighed in and he thinks that I am still not getting enough calories and that I must be retaining water too. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

What a horrible way to start the week.

The doctor wants me to weigh in every other day. So Wednesday I will be going back to weigh in again.

I HAVE TO LOSE THE 30 POUNDS OR NO SURGERY FOR ME!!!

*deep sigh*

Missy
Take a deep breath, it will come off, your body is adjusting to the new diet.

Plus, the worse thing that could happen is you don't get the surgery in April. They will postpone it. And if they don't you have proven you are capable of losing the weight without the surgery! You have lost weight, you have kept it off, you have drive, you have a stick to it attitude.

You have already gained the skills it takes to be a winner! Keep going, it will happen!
Carol
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by ljs317
Tru

Better to find out now he is not the one for you, when you only have a little time invested, (and I hope only a microscopic part of your heart). I only wish life could just be a little less painful for all of us.

Lisa
He didn't have any part of my heart. But I did feel bad. The ass!!!!!!
DON'T insult asses!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Missy--

Hang in there! You can do this! Water is very heavy, it doesn't take much to push it up fast. Muscle also weighs more and you've been exercising. Keep your eye on the goal.

Pineapple is another natural diuretic.

I already have your fat quarter waiting for you!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

I didn't exercise for a week as I was too busy getting ready for Jim to come home. I started again today. I was up to 30 minutes twice a day. Today I did it once and was completly out of breath when I was done. I can't believe how 1 week of not exercising could make such a big change.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by ljs317
Carrie,
I can tell you have been thinking of me and I really appreciate all of the good vibes you are sending my way.
Lisa

Update us on the chartiy work.
My quilts are coming along nicely. I will have close to 40 quilts once I get them all sandwiched and quilted. I had a few completed quilt donated and several tops so that has helped grately. You and MJ helped me and I so appreciated it. Right now I am waiting for a box to arrive with 6 tops in it that someone helped me with. I sent her the fab's and she made the tops for me. This has been a lot of fun for me. If you go to my pages in my profile there is a list of links to the quilt tops I have made. I haven't posted all of the tips I have made. I have to make some baby girl quilts next but they will have to wait til next week. Thank you Lisa for asking about them. HUGS!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I didn't exercise for a week as I was too busy getting ready for Jim to come home. I started again today. I was up to 30 minutes twice a day. Today I did it once and was completly out of breath when I was done. I can't believe how 1 week of not exercising could make such a big change.
How did the visit go? Do you like your future DIL? I'm being nosy!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

OMG I LLLOOVVVVEEEEEE her. I really liked her before I met her just from talking to her on the phone. One night Jim was in his room reading and Elizabeth and I were up until 1:30 talking and laughing. That was why Jim left us and went to his room. It was such fun like a PJ party. She has A LOT of medical issues I mean A LOT. I hope Joyce will found someone as loving and caring like Elizabeth did. Joyce's problems will stay the same, memory loss. I hope if Joyce meets someone their family will welcome Joyce with open arms as we did Elizabeth. Elizabeth health will get worse as time goes on, she has a medi-port in her chest and goes every 2 months for a drip for arthritis (sp?) She is having surgery in April for endometreosis(sp?) and she has had catarac (sp?) surgery a few years ago and needs surgery on her eyes again. Elizabeth will ONLY be 25 in May.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

That's wonderful Tru that you all get along so well. It's just awful to hear about a young person having illness' that are meant for older folks. I just dont understand why it happens. I'm glad that she has found Jim to love her for who she is.