Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 05-14-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm having one of those moments where I don't like my family. Some days it feels like everytime I try to take a step forward they pull me back.
Now let me try to explain what I mean.
Since December I have been making quilts to sell at a carnival to help raise money for child heart disease. I'm trying to get a good variety of quilts with the hope that I can get my name out there and maybe be able to bring in a little extra cash on the side.
Well my house is a disaster right now. I can't get anyone to help me out around here and I can't take the mess anymore. I'm just about to the point where I want to call the lady and tell her I can't do it. I have invested a lot of time and money into this and have all the tops made but am finding it difficult to complete the quilts let alone work on my weight loss and clean house and take care of everybodies wants and needs. I think the
combined stress is really getting to me and I don't know what to do. I just feel like giving up on the quilting thing.
I'm sorry to dump this on you all and be a downer but I really needed to
vent. Oh and trying to tell them all of this just goes in one ear and out the other. Frankly I am sick of it and them.

Irishrose if you want I can post pictures of the blocks that have made
already. Just let me know. :-)
Carrie,
I am so sorry you are under such stress. But remember you are a wonderful person. As such you deserve loving yourself enough to stay on your weigh loss challenge. Please do not give up on yourself.
I know the reason I am over weight is because when things go wrong I RUN to food.
Stay strong you can do this, you are worth the work.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:34 AM

Carrie, I feel the same way sometimes. Usually when I'm stressed I eat. So now, I'm taking out my stress on cleaning. Do a power clean, 20-30 minutes at a time. Challenge yourself to do what you can as fast as you can. It's a good workout. Bend down, run to the trash, go back, bend, pick up, repeat. :) It's kinda fun after a while. Set a timer and then go back to sewing.

I do mini goals, like, if I get all the dishes washed (no dishwasher allowed) in 30 minutes, dried and put away, I get 10 minutes of sewing. If I fold all the laundry in 15 minutes, then I get 25 mins of sewing (I HATE laundry!!). Challenge your family to help - like no TV if it's not done or something.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you. You all such wonderful people. I knew you would understand. I've decided to just get what quilts I can get done and leave it at that. I can always sell the tops too I suppose.
I think I just needed to vent. I know it will all work out.
Hugs to all of you. You all make me feel like I'm not so alone.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 AM

You are definitely not alone. And lots of us have been exactly where you are. Just remember to be good to yourself, because you are worth it!!!!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Patti
Old 05-14-2011, 08:23 AM

I understand where you're coming from, Carrie. I went on strike one Christmas. I was down to one child at home and still the same amount of things to do. I told my husband and son I would shop and wrap and everything else wouldn't be done if they didn't do it. My husband did the cards and my son did the decorating and helped with baking and cooking. From that day on, they were much better.

You already get up early to sew and work at it all day. There isn't much more you can do.

I've seen your blocks - aren't they the pretty 10 minute blocks? But you can post them to reinspire me and inspire some others to get busy.

We are losing weight and getting healthy. Actually, my weight is going up. I started Lyrica for the fibromyalgia and neuralgia. One side effect is weight gain, so I need to watch where this is going. Gr-r-r.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 AM

Carrie, Sometimes we really do need to just vent and say the words to feel a little better. I agree with the advice on power cleaning. i have to set goals and limits because I would get nothing done otherwise except sew. and even then I probably would complete no projects. All things in moderation, including eating. Time for work, chores, sewing, family time, our spouse and of course time for ourselves! I need a list everyday to stay on track. Please post some of your quilts here for us all to enjoy. Let's all post something we have been working on to inspire each other.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

I like the idea of posting what we are working on. Wish I knew how to upload picture from my iPhone to the QB.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:27 PM

I'm still working on my turtle blocks for my weight loss goal. Just a square set on point.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

I had a talk with my kids at dinner tonight. They were way more understanding then their father was. And each agreed that they will try to do better especially when I explained how this could potentially could bring extra cash in. Teenagers always respond to money. LOL!! Occluded there were other issues that I addressed too so we will see what happens. :-)
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM

Can we join in or do we need to wait til you start a new one.