Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Ohhh I could surely love a swap box with Havplenty's pot holders and Crafty Darlene's honey. What great additions to a swap box, huh???
leiladylei54 i didn't know you would like potholders. i will surely have to make myself a pair of them potholders. i seem to make gifts for these swaps that i need myself that i never make for me. you should see my current potholders.... eeeeeeekkkk!!!!! lol. ooh i would love some honey too. it's great for allergy sufferers.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-18-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
OMG you guys make me laught soooo hard. What will you think of next?

this group is a riot.

ok so i have talked to 3 recruiters this week (and was working on a 4th) and finally got a call back from one of them about an interview on monday. i am looking forward to it. i need vacation (cruising) money. i need drinks with umbrellas in them. i need to go snorkeling with guides named pedro and juarez. i need the cool ocean breeze on my face. yep i am looking forward to this interview on monday.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-18-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I know that we have ALL had bad experiences with the post office and employess there.
Oh boy, you don't know the half of it. But today I had my revenge! My tiny dog Daisy figured out how to open the front door and chased the mailman up the walk. He looked like he was going to kick her so I sprayed him with the garden hose.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
this group is a riot.
What's so funny???

[QUOTE=Havplenty;5226051]ok so i have talked to 3 recruiters this week (and was working on a 4th) and finally got a call back from one of them about an interview on monday. i am looking forward to it. i need vacation (cruising) money. i need drinks with umbrellas in them. i need to go snorkeling with guides named pedro and juarez. i need the cool ocean breeze on my face. yep i am looking forward to this interview on monday.[/QUOTE

Good luck, Hav! Maybe you can bribe the recruiters with potholders! But ... um ... what kind of a name is Juarez?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What's so funny???
well lemme see... squeezing chickens for honey and potholders for one. dog riding glittered monkeys for another. stuffing poor kitty in a flat rate box; egg flying orifices; dog chased water sprayed mail carriers. and this from today. need i go on?

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Good luck, Hav! Maybe you can bribe the recruiters with potholders! But ... um ... what kind of a name is Juarez?
all in me-di-co (mexico) particularly cozumel which i love. here is a pic i took on paradise island in cozumel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336190[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails paradise-island.bmp  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Oh Hav~I love Cozumel too and Paradise Island....we used to be able to do so many cruises when we lived in south Florida...another thing I really miss about living there....what line do you go with?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
leiladylei54 i didn't know you would like potholders. i will surely have to make myself a pair of them potholders. i seem to make gifts for these swaps that i need myself that i never make for me. you should see my current potholders.... eeeeeeekkkk!!!!! lol. ooh i would love some honey too. it's great for allergy sufferers.
Oh those postage stamp potholders that you showed last month were so pretty!!! I don't have the patience to sew such small pieces together. They were just too too pretty and so fun. I surely understand about sewing things for others but never for myself....I'm REAL good at doing that, too. LOL Oh honey....isn't that the most perfect food???
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

When we first moved to Florida we had pink grapefruit trees on our property and this sweet little old lady told me that they were good with honey on them.. I tried it and they were DELICIOUS that way!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM

.......and before any of you say a word....the grapefruit were pink NOT the trees.....
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Oh Hav~I love Cozumel too and Paradise Island....we used to be able to do so many cruises when we lived in south Florida...another thing I really miss about living there....what line do you go with?
9 carnival cruises (the fun ships) and 1 norweigan cruise. i have yet to make it to royal caribbean but it's on my bucket list.

there are cruises that sail out of galveston texas. and if i lived in southern florida, i would live on the cruise ships. i really do want to relocate there and have been looking for a job in those parts.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.