Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

• Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 03-24-2018, 07:18 AM

Oh, boy, some of you really are getting ready for 21. Beautiful fabrics. Hav2boys, the cat fabric line is so rich. (Now if they only had a pibble line like that!). Cheesehead, that’s some bright fabric. It’ll lend itself to wonderful blocks.

Jaba, congratulations on the new grand baby! How exciting!

A quick update on your blocks. I’m 2/3rds of the way through sorting your blocks. I had to stop to head out of town for the weekend but hope to finish up on Monday. I should be able to ship early next week. Will let you all know. . What I’ve seen so far is very, very good. Few off-sized blocks, seam widths much better, overall very good! Thank you for your conscientiousness. Makes my job so very easy!
    Old 03-24-2018, 08:09 AM
    Power Poster

Good to hear, Janice... Looking forward to seeing those blocks! Thanks for all your work on this...
    Old 03-24-2018, 08:50 AM

Jaba congratulations on the wonderful new addition to your family

Only 2 quilt blocks left to QAUG on last boom. This goes so fast especially if you don’t play around with rulers.

Hope to have at least started sewing the rows together before Humming bird blocks arrive

For those of you who have done this would sewing the rows together be a good project for me to work on at a quilt retreat ?
    Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
    For those of you who have done this would sewing the rows together be a good project for me to work on at a quilt retreat ?
    I don't see why not! Some of the other quilters may stop by and see what you are doing and ask how you did it.
    Old 03-25-2018, 05:32 PM

Hello ladies, looking forward to getting my blocks. They will reach Ohio before I will. Thank heavens for the block gallery or I would be so jealous of you getting to see yours while I have to wait a while longer. While I am waiting, I have used some of your scraps to make a Depression Block http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DepressionBlock.html I did not have the right size from all of them, but used what I could. These blocks are great for using up scraps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591713[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 2018-03-depression-block.jpg  
    Old 03-25-2018, 06:51 PM

bibliostone! That's great! I really like it. It's like a little memory block.
    Old 03-25-2018, 06:52 PM

Great Depression block Biblistone.

For my quilt guild the charity group I am in is making HST’s with batiks and off whites. This block was my first thought
    Old 03-26-2018, 03:13 AM

Bibliostone, love the way you did this! It's the perfect memo of our swap. I can look at it and recognize most of the lady's fabrics. I'm going to have to remember this for our next Boom. I think it would be great to make this block and include it on the back of your finished quilt so that we remember everybody's beautiful fabrics that we got to work with.
    Old 03-26-2018, 06:50 AM
    Power Poster

Love that memory block of Boom 20, B'Stone! We really did work with a lot of fabrics!
    Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 AM

Great Depression block, Bibliostone. Memories and a beautiful block. (I have a stack in my UFO pile. Oh, dear.)

Sorting is complete! My goodness, I'm really pleased with a lot of what I saw pass through my hands. I hope you are equally pleased. A few people really upped their game on their seam allowances. Woo hoo to you as you know who you are. Thank you! Stitch length was better, too. Still some blocks are coming in undersized by up to a quarter inch in one or both directions but fewer than I recall seeing in recent swaps. And a handful of people got the 12 1/2 inch square down perfectly in each block I checked. Great job, Boomers!

It's my plan to send out the blocks tomorrow. I'm holding blocks for NanaKathy, QuilterMomma and LJDugas to combine with the Quail group next month but everyone else should get the tracking email tomorrow morning directly from USPS.com.

Thank you to everyone in the group. You made this round easier for me than any single round I can recall. When it's easy, it makes me want to keep doing this forever. (Did I just say that?) Anyway, ignore the crazy talk and just remember that I appreciate each and every one of you who put forth so much effort to make blocks both well-constructed and pretty and that you all got them to me ahead of schedule. And I love the fabulous blocks you made for me. Thanks so much.