Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
any one own a Pfaff 18.8 handiquilter? >

any one own a Pfaff 18.8 handiquilter?

any one own a Pfaff 18.8 handiquilter?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 AM

My dealer went out of business which does not matter because she was no help since I bought the machine. Anyways, it recently started breaking needles and I finally got it to stop that and now have another problem. It does not stitch. Any suggestions that I could try? I am at my wits end. I paid $5000.00 for this and wish I had never seen the thing. Maybe it is my attitude that needs adjusting instead of the machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 AM

I don't have this machine but maybe you could google for dealers in your state...call them and see if they would help you and walk you through possible problem solving solutions. Does you manual have a problem solving area in it...know that may be simplistic but many times when we get frustrated there may be something we overlooked in the process of threading, tension adjustment, needle size and thread for a particular project.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

It sounds like some thread may have gotten up into the gears and now has it clogged up...so they can't move. I'm with quiltmaker.... Call your Pfaff dealer in the nearest town and talk to someone or call the Pfaff company and see if they'll help. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:33 AM

If your dealer went out of business Pfaff should move your warranty to another dealership and that would be a great place to start.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM

It could be a timing issue. Most quilting machines are fairly simple mechanical devices and any qualified sewing machine technician can re-time it. My Voyager is so simple that they even give you the instructions to time it yourself. It is scary to think about but once you've seen it done and then done it yourself, it's no big deal.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 PM

I visited my local Viking dealer who sell the same machine under a different name. She was so helpful. I bought my Designer SE at that shop and you can bet if I buy another machine it will be there. She gave me a few tips to try and agreed to come to my house if I could not get it to work. She also said if it needed to go to the shop for repair she would take it with her. When I came home I did all the thigs she told me to do and looked at my manual and saw another tip, so I did that one also. Well, it is sewing real good now. Needless to say, that act of kindness will really stick we me.