Singer Featherweight on Ebay

Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 PM

He's way out of line. I have purchased four of them and the scroll face is more expensive than that regular one, but that's not enough to demand that kind of price. There really are reasonably priced Featherweights sold on e-bay so keep looking.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
Yikes! Wonder why this one is priced SO HIGH?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...ht_13219wt_907
Maybe the owner thinks it is made of gold or platinum lol. Who knows. Did you check to see how many bids there are on it at this time? It isn't that rare, unless it has never ever been used at all, and that's doubtful. Mine is a 1935 and I paid under 200 for mine on Ebay and it is in great shape. Use the coment section and ask why the high price.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Well, the case looks better than mine, the machine about the same. It came with all the feet shown, I had to buy a copy of the manual (it cost me 12.00 if I remember right). DH got the machine at a thrift store for 5.00, yup, 5.00. works great.
He beat my DH on that. My DH bought one about 20 years ago at a garage sale for $10.00- looks great, orig. case orig. attachments and all. He claims it and just recently said he thought he might need to learn to sew so he could use his machine. I really had to laugh out loud at that remark. That will definitely be a first.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 PM

If you follow it until it sells, keep us informed at the selling price. I would love to know just how much it really goes for. I'll just be he doesn't even get a bid and has to repost it. No one in their right mind would buy one for that. Even the ones on Desk Dave, that have been refurbished and painted are worth that. He has some beauties too.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:45 PM

The amount he's asking is odd, maybe he needs exactly that much money for something???
Old 02-19-2011, 02:47 AM

This seems quite iffy to me!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 AM

I watched on sell a few weeks ago for $1225.00. I could not believe it. It was nice but not that nice.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:27 AM

I think that is the large part Sewbizgirl....you don' t see that age of a machine come across very often.....it looks in great condition....plus it has the fancy scroll design front plate on it not just the straight grove lines. That alone makes it more expensive or attractive even on the later models. And like someone else said he may sell it for that because some people do have more money then sense. Oh and lets not forget shipping is not included in the price. :roll:
Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

All Singer 1936 Featherweights (Singer lists 50,000 of them made from December 1935 to December 1936) had the same scroll face according to the book "Featherweights". I wrote to the man who had this machine for sale. This is what I wrote and his response.

I wrote and asked if he was serious about this price or was it a typo. I told him that I had purchased a 1936 Featherweight in pristine condition with accessories and case for $225.00 plus $18 shipping. (This is true)

His response - Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for the info but are we talking apples to apples, did yours come with a case like this in this good of condition which is rare in it's self. Was the machine serviced and cleaned when you got it or did you have to do it yourself. I have been selling these for several years as has my partner and this is what I am asking for this sale.
thank you and have a great weekend,
duane

I didn't respond to his reply.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by twinkie
All Singer 1936 Featherweights (Singer lists 50,000 of them made from December 1935 to December 1936) had the same scroll face according to the book "Featherweights". I wrote to the man who had this machine for sale. This is what I wrote and his response.

I wrote and asked if he was serious about this price or was it a typo. I told him that I had purchased a 1936 Featherweight in pristine condition with accessories and case for $225.00 plus $18 shipping. (This is true)

His response - Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for the info but are we talking apples to apples, did yours come with a case like this in this good of condition which is rare in it's self. Was the machine serviced and cleaned when you got it or did you have to do it yourself. I have been selling these for several years as has my partner and this is what I am asking for this sale.
thank you and have a great weekend,
duane

I didn't respond to his reply.
Mine wasn't in pristine condition, but I paid under $200 for it and it is in great shape it had been used, the case is not new, but totally usable. I knew it was used when I bought it. I think he is just being greedy! However, if he can find someone who wants to pay that much, then good for him. They would have more money than sense I guess, at least more than I would have to spend like that.