Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BabyLock Quest Plus Bobbin help >

BabyLock Quest Plus Bobbin help

BabyLock Quest Plus Bobbin help

Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM

I was busy sewing away this morning, when my bobbin jammed. I took out the boobin holder and removed the bobbin. When I did this a very thin black swirly thingie fell out with the bobbin. I cannot fing it anywhere in my manuals or the website. If anyone has one similar can you tell me how to position it back in the bobbin holder?

Here is what it looks like
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154890.jpe  
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM

It's a spring that fits inside the bobbin case. It should be inside before you put the bobbin in. My bobbin cases have them. The spring kind of snaps-in when it is properly inserted. It keeps the bobbin from over-spinning in the bobbin case. It's a good thing.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Yup, I had to look but all mine have them.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM

thank you for the answers, it is what I thought it was, I just had to fiddle with it to et it back in the right position. machine working like a charm now.... :)
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 PM

Whew! I saw your post on PR, but someone posted a link to a photo already. I have a related question. I ordered a spare bobbin case and just picked it up today. I had worked a 12 hr night shift and failed to notice until I fetched it to answer your post, that it doesn't have the pigtail!!! It has two computer labels on the bag that seem to indicate it's the right part, will it work? Don't wanna hurt my baby...
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Whew! I saw your post on PR, but someone posted a link to a photo already. I have a related question. I ordered a spare bobbin case and just picked it up today. I had worked a 12 hr night shift and failed to notice until I fetched it to answer your post, that it doesn't have the pigtail!!! It has two computer labels on the bag that seem to indicate it's the right part, will it work? Don't wanna hurt my baby...
I have used both kinds of bobbin cases- pigtail and no pigtail. I don't see a lot of difference in how my Tin Lizzie quilts with either of them.