Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you keep any of the quilts you make that were supposed to be for charity? >

Do you keep any of the quilts you make that were supposed to be for charity?

Do you keep any of the quilts you make that were supposed to be for charity?

Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM

My mom and I make a lot of quilts(most hopefully are for charity).Everytime we get one done, she says" I think I'll keep that one. I love it". I just stand there and laugh at her but she can have whatever she wants at age 80. I think most of our quilts have ended up in her bedroom on quilt racks...LOL. Do you have a hard time parting with your precious quilts? We have given quite a few away but could have more. I only like to keep my special ones I made and not our scrap quilts.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 PM

I have one I just finished, I want to give it to the church for their youth auction, but I just can't seem to be able to tell them about it! I don't need it, I think it is sooo cute, and if I had a baby to give it too, but i don't. I just can't seem to part with it right now. Feel soo silly about it. Daughter says make a second and keep the one I like best. I dunno we'll see.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM

Usually I use fabric from my stach that I don't want or won't go with my decor so they aren't as hard to let them go. I do understand what you're talking about.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM

All of the quilts i make are "my babies" but i have no trouble giving them away. Most of mine go to our local Hospital for the Pediatrics Dept so i give them happily. I like that feeling as much as finishing a quilt :!:
Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 PM

One of the first wallhangings i made, i donated to a chinese auction to benefit a nursing home, they had a card party and luncheon,my sister and i went to it, and i bought lots of tickets and won my own wallhanging back. LOL I have since learned to part with stuff a lot better. I still have the wallhanging too!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 PM

I actually have not made one to keep for myself yet. I've been quilting for many years. I am collecting fabric to make one for myself soon. LOL
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM

I use the material donated for babies quilts, I have no problem letting it go , because I know that someday it will be wrapped around a baby who will feel the love that I put in to it and momma out there will learn to love her special baby.
Ginnie
Old 02-19-2011, 05:41 PM

I really have no trouble giving them away. Although a couple have taken longer to complete the journey because I really loved how they turned out. I so distanced myself that until recently I only kept an extra block from each. I am now taking pictures as well before taking them to church as part of our prayer shawl ministry.