It's The Final Count Down

Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 PM

Now, how does that song go???

We are on the final count down now. Tomorrow the packers are coming at 7:30a and they are loading on Tuesday. Again at 7:30a. We got word on Friday that they will be able to deliver on Wednesday instead of Friday. SSSOOOOOO much better.

I have done pretty well with the packing and stuff. Have done a couple of stupid things as far as my post-surgurical shoulder. But all in all, have been pretty good about it.

The only really big aggravation is that DH was going to be home on Friday when they were going to deliver. Now that the delivery has been changed, he can't get off work. So it will just be me and the moving people. The one saving grace is that the crew will be the same throughout. The same crew of 4 will pack us, load, drive and unload. The last time we were professionally moved we had a different crew for everything, and even two sets of drivers. I have been able to relax a little knowing that it will be same people for the whole experience.

And it will make it so much easier with my dogs. I was afraid that my big male would have a problem will all kinds of people in and out of his house. The move is going to be hard enough for him - he is very insecure because of his history before we got him at 11 months. We had a group of neighbors over yesterday to help unload the attic as a kind of trial run. And I was really happy with how he handled it. He was an idiot barking with the ridge on his back for the first 20 minutes or so that they were here, and then he settled enough that he only wanted them to play ball with him.

So I will be offer the computer until probably Thursday or Friday. Will check in later. Wish us luck please. I just want my sentence in the pergatory of limbo to be over - at least for now.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Wishing you a smooth and successful move! Pretty soon you'll be settling in in your new place!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Everything will be O.K. Keep the Faith.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Hope everything goes well!! Take care of that shoulder!~!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM

Do take pictures, you shouldn't have to do a thing except take pictures!!! The movers shouldn't mind as long as you don't show their faces.

Happy moving!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Good luck with your move...I hate living in limbo too.
We move back to Australia in about 8 weeks...
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by karen65ae
Good luck with your move...I hate living in limbo too.
We move back to Australia in about 8 weeks...
We have known since end of July, that his contract project was being abandoned. He has travelled for 12 different jobs in 5 different states. And this move might only last about a year. His old projct leader is starting from the ground up a new project at Wright-Patterson Air Base. And he has asked DH is he would be interested in joining him when the time comes. (All of this is within the same Military Contractor company - so just transfers.) So we may stay in Maryland for a year or so and then move again. This time, however, it would be to Dayton, Ohio. That means that we would only be less than 2 hours from our son and the rest of our families. THAT was really the job we were hoping for. We have been away for 7 years and that is more than long enough.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Good luck, my friend!! :D
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM

Hope it all goes smoothly!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM

Good luck with the movers and the move.. If you are in Maryland, we may be able to meet! :)