Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm bawling like a baby right now. >

I'm bawling like a baby right now.

I'm bawling like a baby right now.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM

It was very heartwarming. I have learned alot about life over the years, and there is alot of hardships out there in America. Nice that someone wants to share their wealth with such amazing causes. God Bless them all.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM

I especially enjoyed seeing the giving groups highlighted...the twin sisters were totally adorable, and that was my favorite part!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM

We both watched too and both had to wipe away the tears. I am going to see if there is something like that I can do at home when we get there.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 PM

I watched from about 2/3 through the show...but I saw the great ending where those organizations got help to do their work. How wonderful and generous of these "secret millionaires" to give to help others. I thought it was so wonderful that she actually went to that family and gave them money separately to help them.

There ARE good people in the world!!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I thought it was scripted but the value of the good deeds came through loud and clear. Beautiful city too.
I totally agree!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Oh boy... well, I just watched this one, too. And yes, I'm also crying.

I love how this show inspires others to give. At least I hope it does. It's a very inspirational show.

I must say, though, that I'm a bit bothered by the title "Anonymous Millionaire." She's not anonymous. She gets to show-- not only to the recipients but to all of us watching-- how great she is for giving this money away.

I can't say I'm the most biblical of Christians, and I won't be able to pull scripture out chapter and verse, but I'm reminded that somewhere there is (probably in sermon on the mount, maybe?) the recommendation that we give silently without acknowledgment, that this is more powerful.

So I find myself, as I'm watching, and even as I'm crying, feeling a little bit icky in the gut, like something's not quite right.

That said, I think it's great that all these great organizations are getting visibility that they wouldn't otherwise have, and perhaps others will be moved to donate to these causes because of their presence on this show.

So I'm not throwing the whole idea out, just expressing that a piece of it feels a bit... not right.