Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often? >

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:52 AM

I have filled out 2 cards to receive Joanns coupons but have never received a single one! BOOOOOOO.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I have filled out 2 cards to receive Joanns coupons but have never received a single one! BOOOOOOO.
It takes a couple months.
The last time I moved I kept filling out new address cards but never seemed to get any flyers.
So I finally emailed Joanns and they said the flyers are printed a few months in advance and when they are finished sending out those then mine will start. For some reason they can't add new people to the "already printed" pile.
Did you sign up for the email coupons? Those should start quicker. I get both email and snail mail coupons
Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 AM

JoAnn's was purchased by Leonard Green, a private equity firm.

I was in our JoAnn's last week for the first time in ages and they have totally remodeled it. Much nicer, much more non-sewing stuff, much cleaner. I think they are looking to win back some of the customers who went over to Michael's for art supplies and things. And now that Michael's will only accept one coupon per customer per day, JoAnn's has definitely won me back...though I still don't buy fabric there. :lol:
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 AM

DITTO
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 AM

I still get my 50% off coupons. I used one on SAturday as a matter of fact.

I get both email and snail mail coupons! My store also has the next sales brochure at te entrance, so I always pick it up and keep in the car. Generally there are coupons in those as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:39 AM

I found the trick is (a) sing up on line and if you are like me - you have more than one email address - they have bar codes on them - so you can get double without double numbers (2) print more than one copy out - if you don't have enough with different numbers - go for a second transaction; their computer does NOT save the numbers from one transaction to the next - which is why they right VOID on the ones you use (c) join their VIP club or AQS and get 10% off - this doesn't work on everything and you can't get more than 50% off anything - but it brings those 40% coupons off. BUT MAKE SURE - you don't handd over yourt 10% card until the very end - the computer will take the 10% off whatever is applicable. I RARELY pay full price for anything - but I get what I want - and buy it if I think I may want it - when I can - I have a fabric piggy bank and I add to it with every pay check !
Old 03-14-2011, 05:39 AM

I recently looked at their stock offering of the new company. Their intentions are to sell off all of the existing stock and pre-ordered stock coming in (reason for coupons). They intend to make it a higher level sewing operation, offering the finest in fabrics from around the world at good prices. Sounds like LQS x 5000 stores.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
I recently looked at their stock offering of the new company. Their intentions are to sell off all of the existing stock and pre-ordered stock coming in (reason for coupons). They intend to make it a higher level sewing operation, offering the finest in fabrics from around the world at good prices. Sounds like LQS x 5000 stores.
Oh that would be very nice as long as the prices don't go too high. I love my LQS fabrics but can only buy a little at a time.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 AM

Could Joann's 50% off coupons be an atempt to sell out stock before sale becomes finel?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
DITTO

I would go to the website and fill out the information there. I would also ask to speak to a manager the next time you're in the store and tell them you'll filled out cards twice and still not receiving flyers for their sales. I have seen several postings saying that it can take a couple of months before you start receiving flyers in the mail.

Pam M