Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
really feel like I'm loosing it. >

really feel like I'm loosing it.

really feel like I'm loosing it.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM

The other day coworkers and I decided to try a new Chinese buffet very close to our office. I offered to drive and off we went... got to the buffet, jumped out of the car , into the buffet for a great lunch......then....... after paying I start looking for my keys.... OMG no keys... did I lock them in the car.... we all raced to peek through the window.... not only did I lock my keys in the car.... but I left the car running..... You can imagine the hysteria that followed.... I really felt s-t-u-p-i-d. ( later I felt like I was too old to be driving....or anything... only 62... but gee... Please tell me you have done this too.... can't tell you how uncomfortable this makes me. Quilter 1234
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Yup, did that once while going to Walmart. To add insult to injury, AAA took 2 hours to get to me! Had to stand out in 100 degree sun and wait and wait :oops:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:53 AM

My best friends DH is a locksmith and no you are not alone. At least you didn't also leave an infant or toddler in your vehicle!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 AM

My daughters friend, a college student, left his running with the keys in it all day! Don't know how it didn' run out of gas.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM

I locked my infant in the car many years ago. Not running . I had to decide to go get help or wait for someone to come. I went for help. By time I got into the building I could not remember my own name literally. Now I own a Subaru. You cannot lock the keys in the car if the keys are in the ignition. So I put them on the console and locked them in that way. LOL No you are not alone!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Since getting a car that has the lock thingy in the key fob I have not done it. But once I was loading grocerys and had set my keys down inside the trunk (rest of car was still locked). Yup, you guessed it, shut the trunk door with keys inside.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM

Yes, I've done that. Been there and done that. And forever after, I've kept a spare key in my bill fold AND one single key in each pair of pants or skirt or jacket I wear. Just in case.

We think WE have troubles?
Not too long ago I was in a crowded parking lot of a big shopping center, in a pounding rain storm. I was sitting there with the heater on, waiting for a lull in the storm. Right next to me a young woman with a baby in arms and a toddler took the kids out of the car still running car, shut the back door and turned to go get her coat from the front but her toddler "helped" her by pushing shut the door, which for some reason was locked!!! Coat, cell phone, car keys in running car...
Of course I put her and kids in my car and loaned her my cell, but after calling her DH she started crying. It had been the absolute last straw in a bazaar day she said started early in the am with the baby crying, her spilling the diaper pail over the floor, etc and a lot more of that, escalating into this parking lot.
I told her DH to take her home and watch the kids while she had a long soak in a warm bath, which he declared he would do.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 PM

Well just the other day, I pick up a little girl from school and she loves when I pick her up in the v.w bug. So I had to move the truck to get my car out. I started my car its a 5 speed. I put it in nutral. went to move the truck look back and see my bug coming down the driveway, OOOO NO I sat there in the truck and wam hit the back of the truck. I get out thinking i really messed up my front end, I have a little dent thats it. but the back of the truck, The bumpper is bent down the hole thing. My hubby comes out and wants to know what happened he heard it. I told him he looked at his truck, I cant explan the look on his face. Well lucky for us, Our friend is going to fix it for us tomorrow. It should be a easy fix.I sure hope it is. I cant believe I didnt have on the emerency brake. First time I did that. Now im putting bricks on the back of my tires just in case...
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM

Yes, I did this one on a hot 100 degree day.

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Since getting a car that has the lock thingy in the key fob I have not done it. But once I was loading grocerys and had set my keys down inside the trunk (rest of car was still locked). Yup, you guessed it, shut the trunk door with keys inside.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by dogsgod
My daughters friend, a college student, left his running with the keys in it all day! Don't know how it didn' run out of gas.
--------------------------------
Somewhere on the internet were two stories about something like that. One was an older couple who had left their car running, the garage was right under their bedroom and both died from the fumes. Another I believe was a group of 5 teens left their car running and went in to their motel room to party. All of them died there even before they could eat the fast food they had just bought.

Probably a lot more we don't hear of happening. And then there's a lot of high end cars that can and will keep on running even with the key removed!!!!!

I apologize for the gruesomeness of this letter, but it's something that we should really take to heart.
----------------------------------------------------
Check this out on the Internet.

Margate, Florida Accident Lawyer :: Carbon Monoxide Deaths ...
In August 2010, a 29-year-old Boca Raton woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning after her car was left running in the garage. The vehicle, a 2006 Lexus ...
www.personalinjuryfirm.com/lawyer-attorney-1690820.ht... - Similar