Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM

hey everyone--just got home from joann's fabrics and there is a huge 50% off sale this weekend--daisy dash or dandelion days or some floral name like that--anyway, notions and all sorts of fun things for swaps are half price!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM

I received my April Secret Pal package today and boy is it filled with wonderful stuff. Everything was individually wrapped too. So much fun to unwrap each item. I think my DH has caught on to the candy thing though. He now stands next to me while I open my swaps to see what kind of candy I got.LOLMy secreat pal sent me a reusable shopping tote from Joanns. Boy will that come in handy this weekend at there daffodil dash days sale. I also received a Fons and Porter strawberry pincushion and quilters safety pins. A coaster and a notepad with pen. A think green tote bag kit and a set of 35 7" squares . She also made THE CUTEST quilters stash chocolate box. She didn't include her screen name but THANK YOU THANK YOU to Deby P from Mansfield Ohio.

DH trying to get some candy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184688[/ATTACH]

quilters stash box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184690[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184680.jpe   attachment-184681.jpe   attachment-184682.jpe   attachment-184684.jpe   attachment-184686.jpe  

Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
I am mailing my package out today,
Where is it going, I cannot say!
I will give a hint though, if I may,
It is going cross country, all the way!!!!

I know that I am being a really big pain,
It is going to state that gets lots of rain!!!!
The package is going to who? who? who?
I just wonder, could it be YOU???????
Could it be me???
Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Here i sit in lonely MO.
Waiting for a cheery package from who I don't know.

Just sitting on my bench in the pouring rain.
No chocolate, no licoric, just me and the rain.

maybe the post man doesnt deliver in the rain.

very bad, writing, quilting in much more my style or sewing.
Today I did my star block of the month. (see april star picture thread) made 3 pair of sleeping shorts, finished my dress for prom (I am chaparone this year) made 4 scrap sacs, and 2 magents for the magnet exchange. and also made 3 Flat iron cosies. and it not even time to make supper, yet I also did most of that while sewing. well better get back to my bench warming.

lonely in MO
Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 PM

Good afternoon swappers. I'm sorry to have to let everyone know that I will no longer be hosting the monthly secret pal swaps.

I have grown so busy and can not put the time and effort into doing the swaps that they need.

I will be joining in if someone wants to carry on starting with May.

I have loved doing this more than you will know but we are so busy with the farm. I love each and everyone of you and will absolutely support whomever takes on this task.

I have 71 PM's to go through, so I will be busy catching up with those.

Suzanne
Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Was able to get my SP package off today! And it has very long trip over sea's! It's my first time doing this, now I'm seeing pictures, and it look's like some folks have spent more than $10.00 LOL...So I think mines gonna look a cheesey! But I hope she likes it any way!
I'm overseas! Never mind everyone else's pictures. I am sure your gift will be wonderful.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM

Holy Toledo Mstandridge, I'm tired now and I didn't do any of that stuff that you accomplished in 1 day ! Wow.

Anyway, USPS says my SP got her firmie in Ottuma, Iowa. yesterday. I hope she did get it and they're not trying to play a really late April Fools' joke on me !

Can't wait to see if she liked her package or not !!!!! Staying tuned ......
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I have a question and please forgive me if I give out too much information in regards to my secret pal..My Pal LOVES to cook and I have a cookbook that was printed in 1976 that than has recipes that are 100 years old..So now, they are over 130 years old..My question is this..Do you think it would be ok to add into her "goodies" that I am sending? I would love to see this book go to someone who enjoys cooking..Its a little well used but in very good shape..I am mailing her package tomorrow morning :)
I would love that cook book too. It is a fantastic gift.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Suzanne, haven't been a member very long but I appreciate all your good work,I think you will be hard to replace. Good luck with the farming. Crafty Grammie
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Suzanne, I for one can totally understand but am so sorry to hear that we are going to lose you as our "fearless leader". You have done a fantastic job and we really appreciate what you have accomplished with this swap. It has been the most fun. Wish I had the time to dedicate to this. The LAQ Directory takes what little time I have available. Good luck and enjoy your "retirement".

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Good afternoon swappers. I'm sorry to have to let everyone know that I will no longer be hosting the monthly secret pal swaps.

I have grown so busy and can not put the time and effort into doing the swaps that they need.

I will be joining in if someone wants to carry on starting with May.

I have loved doing this more than you will know but we are so busy with the farm. I love each and everyone of you and will absolutely support whomever takes on this task.

I have 71 PM's to go through, so I will be busy catching up with those.

Suzanne