Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know you are a true quilter when.... >

You know you are a true quilter when....

You know you are a true quilter when....

Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 AM

Love the above answers. I must be guilty! I have done them all. Yesterday, at church, I hugged our pianist and said, " I love your blouse." YOU know what I meant!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 AM

LOL!!! :lol: I did this as I flew up the gulf coast of Texas from a job assignment. I grabbed paper and drew pages and pages of geometric fields all in dusty grey/green and faded purple crossed with narrow charcoal gray roads and occasionally gray blue streams. Absolutely gorgeous and inspiring! Now, that was about 5 years ago and I just need to find those pages so I can put them to fabric. Perhaps memory will have serve as my pattern. The world is a quilt.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 AM

When I close my eyes at night and see squares and colors and fabrics.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 AM

When you go to a local restaurant and see a framed picture on their wall and think what a wonderful quilt that would make. Maybe next time I will take my Camera.....
Old 03-28-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by dragonflyxlx
You know you are a quilter when silly thoughts enter your mind like: "I could quite my job, and stand on the street with a sign reading will work for fabric". (really this silly thought has swept through my mental attic on more than one occassion) :roll:
I have been at work also, on a really stressful day when my patients and their families have drove me bonkers and have decided that I could easily live on a rock and just need my fabric, a treddle machine and a lot of wood for fires and some non perishable food and be just fine. That is when I knew that I was a true quilter. LOL :) :-o :thumbup:
Old 03-28-2011, 05:24 AM

I forget to allow for the seams, sometimes.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 AM

I know I'm a quilter because....
Everything I use or look at I wonder if there is a purpose for it in my quilting room. (Chop Sticks from the local Chinese restaurant make wonderful pokers for corners!)

Masking tape (paint tape)is used to mark my ruler when cutting out alot of the same sized strips

When you go out of your way to get to a quilt shop & say "But honey I was right there, I had to stop"

When ALL of your friends are quilters & you find you don't associate with anyone who is NOT a quilter! (this stands true to me)

When you meet someone & can't understand why they wouldn't want to quilt! ARE YOU CRAZY!

Have threads all over the house from them sticking to your socks from being in the sewing room.

When you have more than one project going & you find yourself looking for another to start!

I have more but I will stop!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 AM

Am getting ready to move across country and was getting some things ready to take to goodwill, all of a sudden a lite went on and I started pulling out all my old jeans and some old flannel shirts to cut up for fabric squares.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:35 AM

You look at the bottom of shoes and think that would make a neat quilt design for a quilt.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

hee hee.... I work as a waitress at an upscale restaurant, and I look at customers' clothes and think, "That would make great quilt fabric!" They have no idea what I'm thinking when I compliment them on their clothes. Ha!