Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
can you sew and babysit at the same time? >

can you sew and babysit at the same time?

can you sew and babysit at the same time?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Love it!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by lyndaloo
Holding a baby is the best feeling in the world to me. Enjoy him now, he'll be way too "busy" in a few very short years...
Then I just had one of my best nights ever! :lol: To give DD and DSIL a break he spend the night with us and after a 3.5hour nap he was hungry every other hour...........
Thankfully DD has plenty of milk and he gets it still most of the time from the bottle anyway as he is not strong enough to get it the traditional way :lol:
But he is on his best way to change that: in the last three weeks he gained almost two pounds!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Power Poster

What a joy for all of you! You know he will grow up way too fast, don't you? G
Old 04-18-2011, 02:50 AM

I always sewed while my kids napped. That lasted till about age 2, then sewing became a luxury for a few years. What a sweet little bundle you have in your arms. I'll get two little bundles in Auguse. Two great grand babies are due then.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 AM

What a precious little baby. Congratulations! :lol:
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 AM

When they're teeny tiny yes. By the time they're crawl'n uhmmm nope lol
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 AM

no my baby gets into everything, she is very busy, its why i haven't had my second yet
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM

Weeeeeell.....when they are that size, no problem. I tried watching my two grand daughters last week while their Mommy went and rode her horse. I had them settled in the sewing room floor watching cartoons and I worked on my quilt top. I used to be able to multi task grand kids and quilting but not this time. I totally messed up everything I was working on. Sewed two blocks wrong and had to tear them back apart. So until mine are a little older I won't be trying to sew anything that needs much concentration. The girls are 2yrs and 4 yrs old and they are a hand full when they are together but seperately they are much more manageable. Or maybe it is because i am getting old....lol

Weeeeeell.....when they are that size, no problem. I tried watching my two grand daughters last week while their Mommy went and rode her horse. I had them settled in the sewing room floor watching cartoons and I worked on my quilt top. I used to be able to multi task grand kids and quilting but not this time. I totally messed up everything I was working on. Sewed two blocks wrong and had to tear them back apart. So until mine are a little older I won't be trying to sew anything that needs much concentration. The girls are 2yrs and 4 yrs old and they are a hand full when they are together but seperately they are much more manageable. Or maybe it is because i am getting old....lol

Weeeeeell.....when they are that size, no problem. I tried watching my two grand daughters last week while their Mommy went and rode her horse. I had them settled in the sewing room floor watching cartoons and I worked on my quilt top. I used to be able to multi task grand kids and quilting but not this time. I totally messed up everything I was working on. Sewed two blocks wrong and had to tear them back apart. So until mine are a little older I won't be trying to sew anything that needs much concentration. The girls are 2yrs and 4 yrs old and they are a hand full when they are together but seperately they are much more manageable. Or maybe it is because i am getting old....lol :wink: