Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bias machine >

Bias machine

Bias machine

Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM

I was wondering how they are and your feel about them. And looking for app. of the heavy women on the beach. I love it,don't know what it is called. Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon s
I was wondering how they are and your feel about them. And looking for app. of the heavy women on the beach. I love it,don't know what it is called. Thanks
I have the Bias Maker, it's the iron-er, not the cutter. I really like it. It folds and presses the strip very precisely. You have to purchase a different tip for each type/size tape you want to make, but they are pretty inexpensive with your 40% coupon! I cut my strips, run them thru the machine, then sew them together. You are supposed to sew them together first, but I sometimes have an issue with the seam going thru the unit, also by working with the shorter strips, I don't use the rollers. Just let the tape lay flat. If you make a lot of bias tape, I would recommend it. (BTW, i would repost your request for the pattern, with a discriptive title)
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

I have the Simplicity bias machine. I really use it. I only use the 2 1/2" strip tip for the straight binding. At first I thought it wasn't worth using and I'm so glad I didn't give up. It's great. When you sew the strips together to get one long wide strip have the seams turned to the right when going into the tip. That stops all snags and the strip will pull through evenly. For the narrow bindings I press the seams open. Little things like that I learned by trial and error. I have lots of pre made binding made from scrap strips and from lengths of yardage. I make a lot to sell at our guild table and it sells fast.