Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary) >

May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary)

May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary)

Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM

My first time here and I am hooked....gotta go see if I can do one this month.....Jill
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Welcome newbie jillzes! I looked and think we have several newbies again this month--twinkie, migrubbs, tangled threads, goldsberry921, TammyB, rwquilts, LittleRoO, pnptrapp,and anglars. Hope I didn't miss anyone! This is the only swap I actively participate in, but it's the best! Glad you are all here to have some fun.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Welcome newbie jillzes! I looked and think we have several newbies again this month--twinkie, migrubbs, tangled threads, goldsberry921, TammyB, rwquilts, LittleRoO, pnptrapp,and anglars. Hope I didn't miss anyone! This is the only swap I actively participate in, but it's the best! Glad you are all here to have some fun.
Thank you for the welcome! I've participated in other swaps on the board, but I'm definately a newbie to this swap! I've made lots of mini quilts so thought this would be fun! I look forward to getting to know more members here!

:D :D :D
Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Well, I have succumbed! I have just looked at these swaps and admired for some time now, but for some reason, just want to jump in this time...I've PM'd you Chele!
Welcome neighbor! :-D Nice to see you here on this swap. It is fun! :-D
Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by rwquilts
Well, I have succumbed! I have just looked at these swaps and admired for some time now, but for some reason, just want to jump in this time...I've PM'd you Chele!
Welcome neighbor! :-D Nice to see you here on this swap. It is fun! :-D
Heh Girlfriend! Whas up???
Old 04-28-2011, 04:23 PM

Everyone is welcome to join. Post here or send me a PM if you want to play. We have beginners, intermediate quilters, pros and everyone in between. We all play together and we always have fun, The goal is to get you to create, have fun, make friends and enjoy all these quilts. Let the fun begin!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TammyB
I am new to this site and "web quilt swaps." Is it okay if I participate in the May swap? It sounds fun!
Tammy! Not sure if anyone answered your question. In case no one did, YES, you can be in this swap. Only if you want to have fun though. Newbies are always welcomed and so is everyone else. Join the fun! :-D :thumbup:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

To those who are newbies or a bit more than that. Don't feel you can't measure up. We all started at the beginning at one time so we all have been on a journey. Each journey is differant for each quilter! We love to see what everyone comes up with. Your skill level doesn't matter. I have been quilting for 30 years but I learn something new from each and every quilt. I love the idea that the quilt I receive was in my partners hands and I am now holding it too! I love that connection. We are not going to pick the mistakes out and hold them up to the light. We all know where our mistakes are! But how does anyone know you didn't mean to do that? LOL

So if you want to have fun and share a connection with a special partner then join in and don't worry about your skills. Just have fun and enjoy the fellowship of quilting!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 PM

Thank you, Linda. I'm so looking forward to it. So excited!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 AM

I have taken some time to view past DQ's, and was really excited by all the fun and colorful quilts I saw! You guys are amazing! Wow! It makes me even more excited to be part of the swap this month! Can't wait to get my swap partner and get started!