Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
recycle those sample books >

recycle those sample books

recycle those sample books

Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 AM

I am i supose very fortunate to have a fabric shop that sew up curtains and such and sell very nice fabrics that are rather out of my pocket under normal circumstances. but fortunatly they also have a clear out of the sample books every so often and this is where i come in
i had several large sample books given to me and in return i donated some money into the charity tin. the fabric was all removed and then washed and pressed before use.
what did i use the fabric for? A crazy quilt. there were over thirty different patterns in the books i recieved and so the combination was easy to do. i created my first crazy quilt that measured 8 foot by 8 foot with sashing that was made from a cotton sheet purchased from a thrift shop. the only cost to me was the polar fleece that i used to back it all with. £24.00
what am i doing this week? Well i am creating some long summer skirts from a king sized duvet cover again from a thrift shop and makeing a matching three quarrter sleeved jacket to match.
one long shift dress, one long skirt with v inserts and matching jacket. one pair of loose elasticated trousers and a T shirt type top. = £4.00 not bad for a few hours work . oh yes the pattern was free to down load from butterick patterns
i do hope this will help you save a little money and also re -cycle the cotton again
annie in the uk
Old 04-23-2011, 05:37 AM

Pictures, we want pictures!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Banned

Great ideas, I would love to see pictures of your projects.