Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Photos of furry friends/new kid on the block >

Photos of furry friends/new kid on the block

Photos of furry friends/new kid on the block

Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Hi Everyone,
My name is Connie. I've from S.E. Georgia. I've been quilting for about 16 years, and I was so intrigued by the photos of the furrry friends that I had to send a photo of my baby...now if I can just figure out how to do it! Wish me luck! It's good to be here and nice to "meet" you! :)
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 AM

well connie we're glad to have ya. where did you put your baby? oh duh, maybe i'll check the picture page.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi Kathy,
After much wandering around on this page, I finally found the directions for posting a picture...lol It's on the picture page, and I posted 3. I hope I didn't over do it, but I'm a little partial to my baby! I'm working on a prayer quilt today for my "earth" guild. We're finally getting the long-needed rain in S.E. GA today and it's a good day for staying in and sewing. No bike rides for Sammy and me today. I hope you're having a great weekend!
Connie
Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi Connie!! Welcome to the Board!!!
:D :D
Old 06-02-2007, 11:50 AM

Dear Carla,
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the warm responses from everyone!
Blessings to you!! :D :D
Connie
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 AM

Welcome to the board Connie I saw your pic just adorable. We're pretty addicting bunch. Always lot of information hints and encourgement. With your experience we may have to come to you for some hints. We also have lots of laughts thanks to Patrice and Tim. Don't forget to check out the pictures and our BOM's. Also every Sunday we have a live chat at 3pm est join in the fun never know what is going to be the topic
Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 AM

Dear ceannastahr,
Thanks! I'm happy to be a part of your group. I'd be happy to help out in any way possible. You guys probably know more than I do! I just putz along doing what I do. I hand-pieced up until 3 years ago and had no machines at all...now I have 6! Hard to believe. I sort of fell into some luck back in January. I initially had two of my own machines, and then a lady in my church passed away. She used to sew for David's Bridal. She had 4 machines and her husband sold them to me for a right price. She had a Bernina serger, a Pfaff 7570, and two Brother embroidery machines. I already had a Pfaff Quilters Expression and a Singer Featherweight. Now, I can pretty much do anything I want. I do have one hindrance, though... I've had 3 spinal cord surgeries and I have daily chronic pain, so I'm not able to sew as much as I'd like to. I do keep pushing, though and it's fun. I enjoy my quilting studio. It's my altar, my place of peace. Thanks for your welcome. I really appreciate it!
Connie
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM

kathy i've been with this sight for a while and well. how or where is the pic. page. thanks for the info tia sarah
Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Sarah Go to the Quilting forum and click on Pictures.

Connie I know how you feel. I just had my neck fused have a metal plate 4 inch long screwed in there in November had rotor cuff surgery on both shoulders and also had back surgery. Some days it just hurts to get up. But like you I keep going.

Connie
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 PM

ohhh...goodness! may I have the privilege of praying for you each day when I meditate? I do feel for you and what you are going through.

Connie