Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any other teachers starting the countdown to the end of school? >

Any other teachers starting the countdown to the end of school?

Any other teachers starting the countdown to the end of school?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:26 PM

8 days left and I have to pack up my room because I am moving up to kindergarten with this pre-k class.....should be a blast..we have really bonded and they are a sweet class willing to work hard. Can hardly wait for the school year to start, but in the meantime I have lots of packing, reading and unpacking to do.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM

This is my last week and I have three more days with the kids!!!!!! It's almost time for my long quilting break for the year!!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM

I have been counting down.My school has an end of the year alphabet countdown. Today was O day. It was a little extra outside fun. we do something little every day until the Z. I don't know all of them but on A day the kids can bring a small stuffed animal. L day was lollipop day. It is a kindergarten thru 5 th grade school very cute. I can't wait until Z day. I am ready for a break
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Oh I love that alphabet idea! DH is retiring after one more year. He's informed me of how many days he has left (total, counting the schooldays for next year, too) and how many I have if I can retire when I want to (728). Phew, not sure I wanted to know that!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
Hi all,
I have about 26 days not counting weekend days. I should have 28 but need to take two days off for various reasons. I love thinking about the break coming up but hate thinking about getting all of the paperwork done and the room packed up. Oh, and I have the sweetest class, for the most part, but they are getting rowdy!
Rain is predicted for all this week so we'll have our fill of indoor recess, it looks like..
:)
We have about 23 left. I'm starting to pack my bag for all the work I do over the summer(summers off, hah). We're having summer school in my building so I need to lock everything up so it is still there in Sept. (what a pain).
Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
I am down to 17 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
same here
Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM

8 more days for students and 10 more days for me. I am SO ready for summer break!
Originally Posted by lots2do
Hi all,
I have about 26 days not counting weekend days. I should have 28 but need to take two days off for various reasons. I love thinking about the break coming up but hate thinking about getting all of the paperwork done and the room packed up. Oh, and I have the sweetest class, for the most part, but they are getting rowdy!
Rain is predicted for all this week so we'll have our fill of indoor recess, it looks like..
:)
Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 PM

Today was my last class day. Now all I have left to do is get the grades into the office. College starts earlier, but we get out early too. Thankful for a break.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM

I don't get a summer break. I work at a youth correctional facility and we have school 12 months a year. I do have a couple weeks vacation coming up though.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm a high school math teacher and have 7 days left with students (3 of them are testing days), then 2 post-planning days. Last day for teachers is the day after Memorial Day. Only 1 year, 7 days left till retirement!!!!!