Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh where, Oh where can I find? >

Oh where, Oh where can I find?

Oh where, Oh where can I find?

Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 AM
nab

Nancy's Notions has Roxanne's baste-it. I also have watched this and I'm sure she used school glue which washes out. It is a great video.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Try Roxanne's glue baste it. It comes with a fine tip nozzle.
I use Glue-Baste-It and it does a great job. First you put little dots of the glue on the binding, fold the binding, and then press with a warm iron to set the glue and VOILA! everythings is in place to stay and you can stitch right along with no problems of anything moving! I have never had a problem with the nozzle, but that's because I am very careful to replace the cap immediately so that no glue will harden in there. I bought the Glue-Baste-It from Connecting Threads. Got 2 bottles of it and when it is all gone, I may use Elmers' in those bottles to see how it works. If it doesn't compare I'll buy Glue-Baste-It again
Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 AM

I get the metal tips at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I had to ask at both stores because they moved them to a different section. they come in a container with plastic bottles and caps and the tips. Very inexpensive. I use the fine point tip. Sharon Schambers sells them also. I think it is sharonschambers.com.

Suzy
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 AM

I leave the elmers glue bottle with the tip on it sitting out all the time, never have a problem. I used to always put the cap back on the bottle and such, but if and when the tip gets clogged I just put it in a cup of hot water to clean it. Right now my glue has been sitting without being capped for at least 2 months as that is the last time I did a binding. Hope this helps.

Suzy
Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 AM

It seems to me that there's a glue called Roxanne's or something like that for quilting. It comes with that kind of tip I believe.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:46 AM

A largish medical syringe? I have a horse one I use to refill fountain pen cartridges. You can get those any place you can get OTC animal care supplies (farmers & ranchers don't generally call Vets for maintenance care). Atwood's, Tractor Supply, etc.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 AM

I have seen these tips in the art department of the craft stores. Like AC Mores and Michael's. Make sure you place a pin in the tip after use to keep it clear of glue.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 AM

U can also try an art store ..
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM

i found mine at hobby lobby with a plastic tip and bottle.
$.67 works real good
jean
[email protected]
Old 05-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Sharon Schambers said she uses one of the plastic ties that is used to keep price tags on from a store - clothing etc. She puts this in the end of her bottle when not in use, because a needle or pin will rust. I keep the cap on mine and wash the tip thoroughly in warm soapy water when I am through using it. But while using it betwen uses on different parts of the binding, I put the little plastic tie into the end. I haven't had problems with it stopping up. I do use Elemer's School glue, it washes out of fabric. but yet holds when using it. Be sure to heat set the place you glue when you are using glue on fabric, that way it sticks the two pieces of fab. together.