Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC???? >

Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 AM

What's it like? Worth a 3 1/2 hour drive? Quality fabrics or WalMart quality? Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 AM

I have been there several times.
Top quality fabric at reasonable prices.
I was last there just before Christmas.
I purchased a 1/4 yard of all the blues I could find for a quilt sampler for our bed.

They tear the fabric rather than cut.
Friendly and knowledgable staff.
Huge notions wall, huge home dec section, fashion fabrics and lots and lots of cotton for quilting, all the big names.
They have it all and you will enjoy your experience.
Stop at the front desk to get your ticket for the staff to record your fabric cuts on.

Have fun and wear your walking shoes, you will be there for hours.

Blessings to you,
Sandi
Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 AM

I've heard people on here talk about it as AWESOME...
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 AM

I am going to follow this post. Never heard of it until I joined this board but it's very close to my sisters house. She does not quilt but goes in there occasionally, and she promised to take me there when I head home!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 AM

Here is her website.
You can check out her fabric lines on it.

http://maryjos.com/

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 AM

When I lived in NC I went to Mary Jo's. It is an awesome place. Be prepared to spend several hours there. I found all the employees to be very friendly and the selection is awesome and it is divided by theme which was very helpful. It has been 6 yrs. since I was there, so they may have changed their stocking style, but it is well worth the effort to go. Happy Shopping!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned

I live in northeast TN and we went last year. Would love to live closer! Large selection of notions, buttons and fabric as far as you can see and beyond!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Yes worth the trip!!! Its mecca for fabric! Very good prices, HUGE , HUGE selection.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Definitely worth a roadtrip! A large portion of the store is 100% cottons for quilting.

The ladies that work there are wonderful! We went as soon as it opened and it was not as crowded as it gets later in the day.

I'm about 1 hour away and have been twice. I limit how much I go because it is very easy for me to spend hundreds of dollars. I try to go with a list and budget!

I fondly call it the crack house for quilters/seamstresses!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:02 AM

O M G ! ! ! ! ! !

ABSOLUTELY worth the trip. And it WILL be a day trip just looking through the store. As everyone has said, great staff, fabrics and EVERYTHING. Their kits are fabulous and they will help you kit up a pattern with the called for fabrics too. I have bought a couple of kits where I tell them I want this pattern for a twin/full/whatever with these exact fabrics. And if they aren't busy, they will pull those together while I am doing other shopping. And if you see a quilt hanging that you like, they will bend over backwards to find out exactly what fabrics and pattern was used. Some of the best customer service I have found.

As noted above, they do rip their fabrics - so if you are faint of heart, you may want to ask them if they will cut it for you. I don't know if they will because ripping is just fine for me. ;)

I always make sure that I save my pennies before I go and don't take any credit cards with me. Only my debit card and any cash I have. I made the mistake the first time and took a credit card and spent all of the credit limit that was left - over $400. As I look around, I have the ladies keep my stack on the corner of the counter and I keep a running tally of what I have spent.

I have a reloadable debit card that is money that I know I can use and all of it if I want to. That is also where any monies I get from selling stuff or sewing/quilting for others goes. That way my bill money doesn't get spent where it is not supposed to be and also - a big point for me - is not available for DH to use. :twisted: