Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine won't work - WHAT A DOPE!! >

Sewing machine won't work - WHAT A DOPE!!

Sewing machine won't work - WHAT A DOPE!!

Old 05-28-2011, 04:50 AM

Thank you for starting my day with a laugh and for letting me know that I'm not the only one...:-)
Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lavada
When i misplace something i look in the fridge lol
OMG ... you guys will get a gut laugh out of this one. I had gone grocery shopping and put all the groceries away. Several hours later .... in the bathroom I discovered I needed a tampon. But where are they? I know I bought some this morning. Finally found them in the FREEZER!! Let me tell you ladies, you thought the doctor had cold instruments? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:58 AM

ROFLOL
Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 AM

This is too funny. The foot pedals for both my Viking and Serger are on the same floor pad. I'm always playing games to get the right one.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
have any of you ever done this?

I had to sew a quickie curtain for the spare room that just became a spare bedroom for my visiting step-son. My Janome was on the sewing table but was set up with the wrong color thread, wrong foot, etc. It was simpler to just put my trusty Husky on the table and use that for this quickie.

So ... I put it up, plug in the power, plug in the foot pedal, put white thread on top and in bobbin. Position fabric, step on pedal and ... nothing.

Lights on, but nobody's home.

I unplug it, and plug it back in (works for my PC ?), light goes on, step on pedal and ... nothing.

Well what the .....

Re-thread it, check bobbin, turn thumb wheel - needle moves up and down and picks up bobbin thread and feed dogs are properly moving fabric so what can possibly be wrong?

Step on pedal again while turning wheel ... nuthin.

cussing, scratching head, cussing some more, pulling table out to check everything ... husband walks in and asks what's wrong. I tell him. He sits down and say's "Ok - which foot pedal do I step on to make it go?"

never mind ..... :)
Thank you, DoghouseMom for a belly laugh first thing this morning. And yes, I've done dopie lings too. They make great and funny stories LATER!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
I once stood at my office door at my job and couldn't figure out why it wasn't unlocking..... as I'm standing there pointing my car remote at it, pushing the unlock button. That's what happens when you try to function on 2 hours of sleep.
OMG, the same thing happened to me about a month before I retired !! I thought I was the only one that would be dopey enough to use my car remote to open an office door. So glad that I'm in good company!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:20 AM

Thank you for the laughs. The other day, I did a funny also. We have an old electric percolator, don't care for the new coffee makers. Well, I filled it with water and put the coffee grounds in, plugged it in, then went to take my shower. After my shower, I go to pour myself a cup of coffee, plain water came out. What the heck? I know I put coffee grounds in there. When I went to take the top off to check for coffee grounds, the pot felt cold. Now what happened? Dh came out in the kitchen and said that he'd have a cup of coffee. No, the dumb thing isn't working. He came over by the counter, looked, and asked me if I plugged it in. Hello, I pointed to the plug and it was in the outlet. Men. He then asked how plugging the electric can opener in was going to make the percolator work. Ooops. Gee, after plugging in the percolator, it worked. Lol. Oh well, what can I say? Things happen.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:23 AM

LOL LOL
Old 05-28-2011, 05:32 AM

I did something really stupid I'm making a master list of 125 classmates for our class reunion all names- address-phone numbers got most of it done and hit some key I shouldn't have and deleted all of it because I forgot to save it the really bad thing was my son said as he was going out the door don't forget to save your work mom 4 hours later I wish I would have listen to him instead of thinking yea right you think mom's stupid!!!!!! Love you guys mistakes makes me feel I'm not alone when it comes to doing crazy things in this crazy world :cry:
Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 AM

LOL, been there done that and worse! I imagine hubby is still laughing and lording it over you. Mine would but I'd let him as sometimes he really can be a help.