Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need help with Cuisinart Ice Cream maker >

Need help with Cuisinart Ice Cream maker

Need help with Cuisinart Ice Cream maker

Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 AM

I sold a Cuisinart ice cream maker on Amazon about two weeks ago. I just got an e-mail this morning from the buyer saying that she was disappointed that it did not have the instruction booklet with it. I would gladly send it to her if I had it. That is long gone from my house. I was wondering if anyone knows how to use this machine or if anyone knows of a website that gives instructions. I would appreciate any help given! Thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 AM

If you can't get help from Cuisinart, Bed Bath & Beyond website has a video demo of the $49.00 machine that I just viewed. However, if I had purchased, I think I would be wanting the recipe guide that came with the machine. I did not try Googling for frozen ice cream/yogart recipes.

Update!
Found Cuisinart's website where you can download manuals & recipe booklets.

http://www.cuisinart.com/manuals/ice_cream.html
Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 AM

I have a cuisinart and i freeze the base for 24 hours, you want it very frozen ! i make any ice cream base pour it in and turn it on about 30 min or so the ice cream is somewhat soft delicious and when i freeze it well it gets hard lol and does not stay nice like the store icecream i wish i could find a recipe that would stay nice and easy to scoop. i have to take mine out and let it sit a spell.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the help ladies! I really do appreciate it!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I have a cuisinart and i freeze the base for 24 hours, you want it very frozen ! i make any ice cream base pour it in and turn it on about 30 min or so the ice cream is somewhat soft delicious and when i freeze it well it gets hard lol and does not stay nice like the store icecream i wish i could find a recipe that would stay nice and easy to scoop. i have to take mine out and let it sit a spell.
I had to laugh at this. Mine rarely lasts long enough to freeze hard! So I guess the secret recipe is eat it sooner and faster! :lol:
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 AM

We Just bought one an ice cream maker at a tag sale. There weren't any instructions with it. On the bag of rock salt it explained how to use it with the ice and how to freeze the cylinder. I looked up on google how to make the ice cream. It came out great.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I noticed that too, I have since only made enough for that time and keep the rest in the frig for another time. It will stay about a week in the frig.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 AM

You don't mention the model you are looking for, but here is one manual: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sendi.../cuisinart.pdf

Here are more:

http://www.cuisinart.com/manuals/ice_cream.html

Just google "Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Manual"

:)