Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????" >

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Yep according to my wife I have lost my ever loving mind but I am going to do it anyway. Billy is going for a little bike ride........... :P

I am going to be leaving in the next month or so heading to Indy and the Speedway. I didnt get to go to the races this year because I was in Charlotte at the NASCAR race but I still want the 100th Anniversary T-Shirt. And what better way to go and pick it up than to ride my bicycle. So now I am planning a safe route to get up there and back hitting a lot of the back roads and byways. The only bad thing about it is that I will not be able to carry any sewing machines home with me on a bike when I stop and look around at different spots during the trip. :(

But I am thinking it will be a 6 or 7 day round trip going up through TN, KY, and IN. I do want to ride through the land between the lakes and stay at the park one night. I figured as I plan this trip out that I could swing by some of your places, hang out and if it was okay crash for the night. I want to try and to meet as many quilters and machine collectors on the board on this little excursion that my wife thinks is crazy if possible. I am guesstimating that I will ride around 100 miles +/- a day and I want to change up the return route from the way I came.

Billy
Billy have fun & get a web cam for your helment they are the big thing out here in California and they do take good movies , you & wife will enjoy the trip ,when you get home . bee eee safe . Dottie Bug
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM

oh my goodness what a trip! Im in TN, do you know the route your taking?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 AM

I don't think you're crazy at all! I ride my bike everywhere in the summer. I can put on over 4,000 miles in a summer. It's great exercise and very relaxing (that is when you don't have to watch out for traffic). I would love to join ou if I could, wish you lots of adventure. I heard of a couple who took their 3 kids on a long bike ride up to Alaska from Kentucky (they went down to Florida first). they rode a bike buiklt for 5! They had quite anadventure and the kids learned a lot (the youngest was about 4 or 5 when they left)
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Oh, Billy - You really need to have a buddy along for safety and how about extra tires and bike tools? Camera, water and bath tissue..etc., Maybe driving would be the way to go!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM

What an exciting trip!!! My son rode his bike from Mass. to Canada with a student hosteling group of about 6 riders, he was 15 at the time. He still speaks fondly of the adventure. Wear sunscreen - especially on the tips of your ears, my son had to go to an Canadian ER for treatment of his burned ears. Have fun and don't forget to drink, drink, drink. Please write a post afterwards to let us know how you did.....
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM

bet you will be the envy of most husbands stay happy and healthy along the way i am assuming you a a bike rider i (hope) your seat will be comfortable on the bike and on the person maureen
Old 06-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Sounds like you will have a fun trip...stay safe.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I'm with your wife on this one. What did that snake bite do to you???? :shock:
I wonder about that also.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Google Goddess

have fun on your trip
Old 06-15-2011, 01:46 PM

Exactly, but you can always ship new toys home and have 'sweet wifey person' pick them up, or do it when you get home.