Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing on my Patio >

Sewing on my Patio

Sewing on my Patio

Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM

Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

Sounds like a great plan, but it is way to hot here to sew outside her today! :lol: Enjoy your time outdoors.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM

Hope you enjoyed quilting outside today. Sounds like a great idea. Too cool and rainy here in MA to go outside.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy~it is 96º outside where I live. I'll keep myself under the air conditioning and sew:)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

I doubt I could ever sew outdoors here--seems the wind is always whipping! Would be nice though, enjoy yourself.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Enjoy yourself. It's a good thing I like the indoors. With our hot, humid weather almost year round, I love the A/C!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Deanna,
Some quilting friends of mine went to Walmart and got rolling toolboxes to keep all their stuff that they take to classes and retreats. I'm seriously considering doing the same. Something of that nature would work for you, I'm sure. BTW, they all have the SewEzi tables for their machines too. I was so impressed with them, that I ordered one for myself. Just arrived yesterday, and I'm so pleased. Most classes and retreats provide tables, but with the SewEzi inserts, you have a flat sewing surface. A set-up like that might allow you to sew, while still having your patio table free for cutting fabric, etc.
Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by echobluff
Deanna,
Some quilting friends of mine went to Walmart and got rolling toolboxes to keep all their stuff that they take to classes and retreats. I'm seriously considering doing the same. Something of that nature would work for you, I'm sure. BTW, they all have the SewEzi tables for their machines too. I was so impressed with them, that I ordered one for myself. Just arrived yesterday, and I'm so pleased. Most classes and retreats provide tables, but with the SewEzi inserts, you have a flat sewing surface. A set-up like that might allow you to sew, while still having your patio table free for cutting fabric, etc.
Have a great day!
Thanks I will have to check into those. :)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.
Get ya one of them roller carts at walmarts, I think there like 30.00 that should help!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Sewing outdoors sounds very enjoyable.....except where I live it is over 100 degrees now. I guess if I started at like 6:00 a.m. I could do that too. Enjoy your day quilting!!