Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric?? >

Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric??

Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric??

Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 PM

I made a 4PP out of a floral print with a 27" repeat. I did not realize that the pattern itself was twisted within this repeat and ended up with quite similar looking patches.
Did anyone try it with a Kaffee Fassett print or has a suggestion for the ultimate fabric for a 4PP??

Was a lot of fun making it and I think it is a great pattern for a fast gift.
Mine turned out a bit dull and is used as cathair catcher on the sofa :oops:
Granny

FMQ practice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217386[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217379.jpe   attachment-217380.jpe  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Power Poster

What do you mean dull. I think that it is lovely. Have not done this pattern looks hard. Don't care if blocks are similar. quilt looks REAL GOOD to me. I think that I just may have to do this one soon. When you say fast, how fast did you mean? BrendaK
Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 PM

I`d say it a weekend quilt.........
All you have to do is putting four repeats of the fabric carefully on top of each other and cut patches the size you like.
Then you arrange the four similar patches and sew them together, sashing, border, finished :lol:
It is really fun to do but I had a hard time to figure out a perfect fabric for it.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Power Poster

I love it!! You have a good variety of blocks IMHO :D:D:D
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 AM

Beautiful!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:53 AM

I think it is beautiful...you did a wonderful job. The Kaffee Fassett fabric is simply delicious.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I think it's very elegant-looking. The blocks are subtle but interesting enough to make this a beautiful quilt. Re the 'perfect fabric', I'd say the criteria are a longish repeat (over 12") a large print, a limited colour palette and swirls in the pattern rather than straight lines. I'd say your fabric fulfilled all those criteria! And the alternate light and dark sashing set it off a treat AND your FMQ is fabulous. :-D

PS What you say about the pattern 'twisting', do you mean that the repeat across the width, ie selvage to selvage, was uniform? This sometimes happens and if you want to vary the blocks up a little, you can, after cutting blocks across the strips up to the point where you reach the same repeat, take a little slice out of the stack, say 1", just to move you along the repeat slightly. This should give more variation. Just for future reference. Though what you've made here is beautiful. :-D
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Power Poster

Very nice!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
I think it is beautiful...you did a wonderful job. The Kaffee Fassett fabric is simply delicious.
This is not from a Kaffee Fassett. I would like to see one that was made out of a Kaffee Fassett print.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I think it's very elegant-looking. The blocks are subtle but interesting enough to make this a beautiful quilt. Re the 'perfect fabric', I'd say the criteria are a longish repeat (over 12") a large print, a limited colour palette and swirls in the pattern rather than straight lines. I'd say your fabric fulfilled all those criteria! And the alternate light and dark sashing set it off a treat AND your FMQ is fabulous. :-D

PS What you say about the pattern 'twisting', do you mean that the repeat across the width, ie selvage to selvage, was uniform? This sometimes happens and if you want to vary the blocks up a little, you can, after cutting blocks across the strips up to the point where you reach the same repeat, take a little slice out of the stack, say 1", just to move you along the repeat slightly. This should give more variation. Just for future reference. Though what you've made here is beautiful. :-D
Yes I mean a repeat in the width. It was twisted but if you cut it apart its looks the same......... At the time I realized it I made this cutting away of an inch but it did not make a great differenz.