Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I need a boost/encouragement! >

I need a boost/encouragement!

I need a boost/encouragement!

Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 AM

Lots of hugs for you... maybe trying to see your gifts being received would help you feel better about all the wonderful things you make for others. Don't let others with bad manners get you down. You can only be insulted or feel badly if you choose to. Hugs hugs hugs...
Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 AM

(((hugs)))
Ever heard of the Mental Wastebasket? I relegate snarky comments to my mental wastebasket.

If you quilt to enjoy the process and the outcome, it's more fun than depending on validation from some social group of killjoys who evidently never heard the phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".
Old 06-29-2011, 05:34 AM

It's time to do something nice for yourself. You need a break. Think about what makes you feel good and do it. Don't listen to others that whine and complain. You're better than they are. Keep your chin up - the board is behnd you.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:42 AM

{{{{BIG OLE HUGS}}}}}}

Continue doing what you love to do....those who criticize have problems they just can't deal with - so they take it out on others. At least that's my take on it...2 cents worth of psycho-babble.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM

My Mom always said happy people didn't have time or interest in putting others down.Consider the source! Remember ,you have this big wall of quilters watching out for you....stand tall & proud!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 AM

I am so sorry you are discouraged. Don't let negative people bring you down. I know that the babies and their parents that receive your gifts love them. I agree about going to a local quilt store. The ones around here are very helpful. I wish I was near you and we could be quilting buddies.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 AM

A great big HUG coming your way When these things happen just set it aside -take a break and when you get back to them they'll be so easy to finish and you will say DUH why was I freaking out about this
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
Here's a hug. I have found that some people like to criticize me to make themselves feel better. Consider the source, do what you enjoy and move on. I know that's easiser to say than do. I'm talking to myself as much as anyone here.

As for mitered corners? They aren't essential in quilting. Keep practicing or just don't do them. There are a lot of beautiful quilts here without mitered corners.
well said and DITTO
Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 AM

My Grannie did not always miter corners and our family considers her quilts as fabulous heirlooms. I have been sewing for 60 years so mitering was learned years ago or I probably would be struggling also.
As for the premie hats, just keep making them, they are needed. There are lots of different size premies. Plus, now they are putting hats on all babies not just premies. Just be sure to use really soft yarn as premie babies' skin is very tender.
As people get older, some seem to critize more than when they were younger. I noticed this in my Mother. So take that in to consideration when you get negative remarks from the "ladies".
Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 AM

hugs for a kind and generous lady