Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt labels and "Quilt Album" >

Quilt labels and "Quilt Album"

Quilt labels and "Quilt Album"

Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 AM

Because of some of the responses to how people keep track of their quilts I have checked out "Quilt Album" and am considering purchasing it. One of the main reasons I'm considering it is the ability to do quilt labels. So far I haven't been able to determine how doing a label from Quilt Album improves on my current freezer paper, muslin off inkjet computer process. Can anyone give me some insight? Also, if you do your labels in some other way (other than embroidery machine) would you please post your method. Thank you in advance - I know I'll get some ideas that have never crossed my mind before.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

for labels i use many different methods- sometimes i use a beautiful picture i've printed on fabric then i write on it with a micron pigma pen

sometimes i just use pigma pens (they are archival quality, acid free- do not bleed, smear, fade- are permenent and come in a number of different colors and tip sizes from very fine to a pretty good medium)

i use the printer- i even print on printed fabrics sometimes- just pre-wash- do not use fabric softener- or any additive