Durango, Co

Old 07-09-2011, 03:45 AM

I'm going to be in Durango starting July 15 (5days). Any good LQS or quilt guilds to visit? I will be there again 24-28. Also we will be visiting a few towns in the area Ouray, Montrose, Silverton, Pagosa Springs. Did I miss any interesting towns? We can stay longer if we have too :-D

thanks,
ava
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 AM

I live near Durango, there are two LQS there: The Durango Quilt Company west of town on US Hwy 160, I can't think of the name of the other one, it is off the main drag on a side street across from Pizza Hut. If you come to visit Mesa Verde National Park, be sure to visit Quiltin Chicks on Main Street in Cortez.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to stop at the shops in Durango & we are going to visit Mesa Verde NP (couldn't miss since we're so close) so I'll visit that shop, too.

ava
Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 AM

I was just through there the middle of May on the way to Vegas .Spent the night and ate at some brewery place. It was great and loved the town would like to spend more time there.(and visit the quilt stores of course)
Old 07-09-2011, 01:50 PM

PM BagLady2,she lives in Durango,she would know where the quilt stores are at.Montrose has a new quilt store also.
The Durando Quilt Company is 3/4 mile West of 550 in a Blue building on the leftside of 160.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Thanks, Connie. Durango Quilt Co. is a must stop for me. I will PM BagLady2 on area.

ava
Old 07-10-2011, 03:55 PM

There is a store in Pagosa Spings. But I can't remember the name of it. I went there last year and plan on stopping there again next month when we take vacation. It's not just fabric though, there is camping stuff in the front of the store and the fabric was in the back of the store. Loved shopping there.
Good Luck!!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruacajun2
There is a store in Pagosa Spings. But I can't remember the name of it. I went there last year and plan on stopping there again next month when we take vacation. It's not just fabric though, there is camping stuff in the front of the store and the fabric was in the back of the store. Loved shopping there.
Good Luck!!
I found it -- it's called EAGLE MOUNTAIN MERCANTILE
56 Talisman Drive Pagosa Springs, Co81147-1800
Old 07-10-2011, 04:16 PM

if you have time, both Ricky Tims and Judith Baker Montano live and have studios over in LaVeta, Co. It is east of Durango by Walsenburg. Beautiful country!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM

There are two great quilt stores in Durango. Both very friendly and have different product lines. The Durango Quilt Company (blue building on the Hwy to Cortez) and Durango Sewing Center (she jsut moved and I do not know the exact address but it is the street across from Burger King and up one block. Farmington and Aztec have nice quilt stores as well - Aztec is 30 minutes away and it is called Quilt it Ya Ya - wonderful prices and huge selections and Farmongton is 45 minutes away and it is called Patchwork Pig - huge store and lots of gadgets. Oh and don't forget the store in Cortez - it is rigth on Main Street - very cute. Last but not least the Pagosa Store - is in the strip mall right in front of MCDonalds - it is in a sporting good store and is in the back - the owner is very nice. All the stores carry different lines and have a lot of lovely completed quilts to view.