Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help with a pattern name >

I need help with a pattern name

I need help with a pattern name

Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM

I saw a beautiful quilt on the board here and thought I bookmarked it, but evidently not. I can't remember the name of it, so I have no way to search. It was just small squares starting in the middle with one color, then adding a new color and alternating with the first, adding a third color and alternating with the second, so on and so on. I'm not sure if I've explained what I saw or not....but I'm sure someone out there can help me with the pattern name. Thanks much.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
MTS
Banned

Blooming Nine Patch?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119446-1.htm
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM

that's it! Thanks so much! I just love how the quilters on this board are so helpful.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 AM

It sounds like it could also be a Trip Around the World.

Here are some examples I found on the board:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-21360-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38918-1.htm

And here is a great pattern & tutorial someone on the boarded posted: http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/T...rld_Quilt.html

Hope this helps!

(edit) Noticed that you replied about the BNP while I was searching the board and typing my reply. Oh, well! :lol:
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM

I have made so many Blooming 9 patch quilts. Tradition with a Twist book is my favorite. The author, Blanche Young is a dear friend and she has helped me so much, given me variations on her patterns, etc. She is well known in the professional quilting world and was the innovator behind the strip piecing methods and was honored in Houston a few years ago for her pioneering in quilting. Her patterns are a snap to make but appear dramatic and fools people to think I am an expert! Blanche is now living in a care facility but has her sewing machine, etc all set up in her room. I think she is now 93 and still feisty as ever. Love her!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
I have made so many Blooming 9 patch quilts. Tradition with a Twist book is my favorite. The author, Blanche Young is a dear friend and she has helped me so much, given me variations on her patterns, etc. She is well known in the professional quilting world and was the innovator behind the strip piecing methods and was honored in Houston a few years ago for her pioneering in quilting. Her patterns are a snap to make but appear dramatic and fools people to think I am an expert! Blanche is now living in a care facility but has her sewing machine, etc all set up in her room. I think she is now 93 and still feisty as ever. Love her!

Thanks for the info, I think I am gonna try it just by looking at a pic of one, but if I get stuck, I will buy the book....LOL :lol:
Old 07-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Believe me. You need the book! Not that it is hard, but the measurements, cutting directions, color help, etc