Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed >

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
I just used the 'fold over' sandwich bags. Folded and taped it shut.
ditto, me.

I am 40% cut & stacked. Let's see that is 20 cut, 66 muffin tins, 1320 ready. :shock: :mrgreen: I am doing 55 (to cover accidental duplicates, oopsies, and miscounts), so 2310 to go.

In case you are going, wha???... My quilt is 10x12 blocks of 8x8, so 7680. At the 20 set swap rate it would take me 2 years to gather my blocks. Once I started the blocks, I was loving them so much, I didn't want to wait that long.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 AM

Wow, I really need to get started. Mine are still in the envelopes they were mailed in. :shock:

Almost forgot, only one squishie today from Crqltr. :P
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 PM

I use the Press n Seal for my bags! Works wonderful!

I've discovered though that with all the swaps that I've done, the extras from each that I've cut and this one, that I will likely have enough for my quilt! I think I'll get in on the neutral swap just to have the contrast.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM

quiltmouse there are so many members collecting 1.5" squares you can probably do an open offer to trade posting on the board similar to what tealfalcon just did and find plenty of people willing to trade with you. you will have 7000+ different pieces of 1.5" fabric in no time. your only limitations will be how many squares you cut for trading.

mary

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
I am 40% cut & stacked. Let's see that is 20 cut, 66 muffin tins, 1320 ready. :shock: :mrgreen: I am doing 55 (to cover accidental duplicates, oopsies, and miscounts), so 2310 to go.

In case you are going, wha???... My quilt is 10x12 blocks of 8x8, so 7680. At the 20 set swap rate it would take me 2 years to gather my blocks. Once I started the blocks, I was loving them so much, I didn't want to wait that long.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM

twisted i just started separating mine by color and bagging each color. i also am pruning those that are cut less than 1.5" or the fabric is too thin for my use and into a scrap baggie they go for a future pif.

crafty1 completed her ps quilt in record time (1 month or less) and has inspired me to at least look at my squares and think about getting started. the first step was to take them out of the bags they came in. :P

in separating the blocks from previous swaps, i found that there are not a lot of neutral, white or light background colored pieces so i will probably be looking to participate in the neutral swap once i see what the requirements are.

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Wow, I really need to get started. Mine are still in the envelopes they were mail in. :shock:

Almost forgot, only one squishie today from Crqltr. :P
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
quiltmouse there are so many members collecting 1.5" squares you can probably do an open offer to trade posting on the board similar to what tealfalcon just did and find plenty of people willing to trade with you. you will have 7000+ different pieces of 1.5" fabric in no time. your only limitations will be how many squares you cut for trading.

mary
Hi, Mary!

I posted in tealfalcon's thread & got two more swappers. I still have 4 sets of 50 available. 51% done cutting & sorting into the muffin cups. Getting full, time to transfer them to baggies.

I bought 100 3" charms on ebay, cut all in half, so that's 400 more. I bought a 5" charm pack of batiks, so that's 9x40 more. With this swap, and my side swaps, I only need another 2200 or so stamps. :mrgreen: Course, I may need more due to color needs. We shall see. I'm not sewing my blocks right now, focusing on swap prep.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Received package from Shelrox today...woot, woot! :P
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM

quiltmouse what type quality is the fabric and how accurate are you able to get your 1.5" cuts from the 3" charms? i bought several precut fabric squares from ebay a while back and i wasn't pleased with the quality of the fabric. some of it was obviously too thin for quilting. just wondering.

i may try some of the 4" squares next swap. i like to cut my 1.5" just a tittle (combo tiny & little) bit larger.

mary

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
Hi, Mary!

I bought 100 3" charms on ebay, cut all in half, so that's 400 more. I bought a 5" charm pack of batiks, so that's 9x40 more. With this swap, and my side swaps, I only need another 2200 or so stamps. :mrgreen: Course, I may need more due to color needs. We shall see. I'm not sewing my blocks right now, focusing on swap prep.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:26 PM

I've mailed my package on Thursday. Hope it won't take too long to get there.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Mail is in! Received squishies from Darcene & bepositive.