Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Newbie from England hoping to learn and make freinds >

Newbie from England hoping to learn and make freinds

Newbie from England hoping to learn and make freinds

Old 12-30-2008, 11:14 AM

Hello Everyone, I am a Newbie living in England. I came across your forum while searching the internet for instructions on how to make a quilted Sweatshirt jacket. I found lots of help here and soon discovered what a knowledgeable and freindly bunch you ladies are. I hope to learn and get encouragement from you, exchange ideas and make new freinds. I am a crafter living in the English countryside with my family and 2 dogs. I have been exchanging fabric postcards and making fabric dolls, I am quite an experienced knitter and have done patchwork, I make beaded jewellery and draw and paint. I'm hoping to learn quilting next. Best wishes Kat www.railwaycottage.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 AM

Welcome Kat from USA -- southern Indiana. This is a great place to be. We would love to see some pictures of some of your work :wink:
Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Welcome from Dallas, Texas.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:34 AM

Thankyou ladies for your warm welcomes! Mary, my Husband travels to Dallas twice a year on business. He says he never has time to do any shopping, I think he is afraid I will give him a long list and send him into a quilting shop!
You asked about pics, I have a Blog where I show pics of what I'm working on, along with art made by freinds, so you might find that interesting. I am presently working on a Hexagon lap quilt, which is hand peiced with paper templates. I am nearly ready to make the "sandwich" and I would like to hand quilt it. I will be hoping for advice and encouragement with this next step :D
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM

Hi Kat. Welcome From Mass.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Hi Kat!!! Welcome from Oklahoma! I have a brother in Catford, just outside London. He has been there almost 5 years now.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Hello & Welcome Kat, from Washington state, USA. We are so glad to have you join us & I know you will be able to learn so much here. Also, we are anxious to learn from you too!! :D

Keep Sharing,
Cheryl
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM

Hi Kat and welcome from Washington. This is a great site and very helpful. Hope you show us some of your work.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 PM

I looked at your blogspot and liked what I saw..the dolls are really interesting. we have a doll swap here but these are arm and leg ones, maybe you would like to get in on that.

I am interested in your dog, thats really why I went to your blog just to look for more info. Is it just the picture or does he really have a long pointy nose. i have never seen a dog that looks like that Please tell me about her :wink:

welcome from New York
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Izy

Welcome from an ex pat living in Sunny Spain, you will find lots of inspiration here, don't forget to post lots of pictures so we can all see your many talents :D