Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
what to do with this panel? >

what to do with this panel?

what to do with this panel?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 AM

The panel is made by Wilmington Print, I believe, so if you are looking for that type of fabric you should be able to find it in any fabric store.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 PM

If you are a collector of quilting magazines browse through those, not so much for the featured articles but pay more attention to the advertisments of quilt shops that show pictures of their shop interiors with quilts hanging on the walls. I have recently completed three quilts from ideas that I got this way, there was no point in trying to order the pattern as the panels I had were a different size, so I just worked out the measurements to make the design fit my panel. Also try looking at the popular fabric manufacturers free pattern section on their web sites they are also a good source of ideas.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:08 PM

ok I have cut the panels now just to decide what to do with all these great ideas and these 2 fabrics I bought to go with it
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254549.jpe   attachment-254550.jpe  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:39 PM

I would make hole in the barn door squares and fit them around the cut up panel.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:36 PM

pinwheels or sawtooth blocks around the panel, using colors in the panel...space borders accordingly
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Well, you could use the large center panel as the center of a quilt, and the others for the corners. It would look great in combo with log cabin blocks. That would take care of your scraps.
Best wishes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by erstan947
You can use the panel as the center and then keep adding borders until you get the size you want. You can choose fabric colors the bring out the colors in the panel. Like a barn red, black, greens, tans, etc. Love this panel:)
I'm useless but above looks good and simple to bring out the wonderful panels you've chosen.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:15 PM

You could cut it apart and add sashing to enlarge then add borders. John Deer fabric would make a nice border
Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by seahorsesanna
hello all I am stumped! I bought this panel for a christmas gift for my father and want to make a lap quilt for him out of it but I dont know what type of blocks to put around the different panel squares? any ideas? there is a pattern that goes with this panel but you have to buy about a yard of 5 other fabrics and that is beyond my budget for one christmas gift.
I would use the bigger one for the center of a quilt and just build around it, the four corners I would use to make throw pillows... just a thought!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by seahorsesanna
hello all I am stumped! I bought this panel for a christmas gift for my father and want to make a lap quilt for him out of it but I dont know what type of blocks to put around the different panel squares? any ideas? there is a pattern that goes with this panel but you have to buy about a yard of 5 other fabrics and that is beyond my budget for one christmas gift.
This is simple, but it might work. Just add two long pieces of plain fabric to the sides to make it wider. You could make 3 of nine patches, or your favorite block in the farm colors, then add borders until it is the size you want.
If you look, you might find fabric printed with leaves, or tree branches, or grass, or cows or horses, whatever he would like.
JP