Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts for Troops.. >

Quilts for Troops..

Quilts for Troops..

Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM

I am attaching a link and I also copied and pasted the article about this program. I know our church is doing this on Monday mornings from 9 am to noon.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/E...129657983.html

Font Size:

More than a dozen women in western Wisconsin are busy sewing quilts to send to troops overseas.

The women are part of a group call the “Camo Quilt Project.” So far, more than 700 quilts from the Eau Claire group have been sent to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The soldiers use the blankets to keep warm on cold nights, or to shield themselves from the sun. The quilts are made from the same camoflage material as military uniforms and can be easily tied to the outside of a soldier's pack. Each camo quilt measures 45” x 72”, folds in thirds, and rolls up like a sleeping bag. Each quilt is packaged with a cool tie and a hand-made card.

American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 53 Treasurer Jane Dale, told WEAU-TV "I was told that besides their gun this is most important thing they take to war. We feel that it's the least that we can do. They're putting their lives on line for our freedom and us and it's the least that we can do."

Donations can be sent to
J. Dale
1512 Emery Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701

A link to their site...

http://camoquiltproject.blogspot.com...uilt-cost.html

This is such a neat idea..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255595.jpe  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Very nice!! We do tied fleece blankets and send them to Army chaplains at the medical centers in Afghanistan. We have a Soldiers Angels chapter at our church, so we have about 20 women working about 3 days during the weeks before Christmas to cut, tie and package about 75 fleece blankets.