Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'd like you to meet Lily. . .. >

I'd like you to meet Lily. . ..

I'd like you to meet Lily. . ..

Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 AM

Sorry to hear about Zeuss, I know how you must be feeling, we had to have our 13year old shepherd cross Dash put down two weeks ago. Dash and our cat were both obtained from the "Animal Welfare League" at the same time and with the loss of Dash and my son moving into his own home a couple of days later the poor cat has turned from the master of the house to an attention seeking pain in the backside. Having said that it is nice to have him sleep at my feet during the night. Hope everything goes well with "Lily Pie".
Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear about Zeuss, we had to put our Dixie down 4/20/10 due to kidney failure.
She looks like Spot, right down to the green eyes. When DH and I were first married we had an orphan kitten, he had a black spot between his ears that disappeared by the time he was a year old.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Suziuki
Sorry to hear about Zeuss, I know how you must be feeling, we had to have our 13year old shepherd cross Dash put down two weeks ago. Dash and our cat were both obtained from the "Animal Welfare League" at the same time and with the loss of Dash and my son moving into his own home a couple of days later the poor cat has turned from the master of the house to an attention seeking pain in the backside. Having said that it is nice to have him sleep at my feet during the night. Hope everything goes well with "Lily Pie".
If you want to see how things are going with "Lily Pie", check out this . . .

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153294-1.htm
Old 09-16-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn

I'm glad you have Scooter to help keep Lily Pie under control. Were Zeuss and Scooter on good terms with each other or did they just tolerate one another?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn

I'm glad you have Scooter to help keep Lily Pie under control. Were Zeuss and Scooter on good terms with each other or did they just tolerate one another?
Scooter pretty much ignored Zeuss. Scooter is not a "dog person"
Old 09-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Scooter pretty much ignored Zeuss. Scooter is not a "dog person"[/quote]

When we first got the pair of them Mungo Jerrie (the cat, from Dean Kontz book not "Cats" the musical) wasn't allowed outside and Dash was only allowed inside on special occasions so when Dash came inside the cat would attack her and when the cat was finally allowed to go outside the dog used to sit on him. Over the years they became best pals, if the cat was sleeping in the kennel the dog would guard the entrance but in the end they were both sleeping in the kennel together, if the cat got locked in the garage the dog would let us know, but if the cat was stalking a bird Dash would bark to make the bird fly away.
By the look of the photos you posted Scooter and Lily Pie are certainly building a special bond.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:28 PM

Oh, how this brings back memories of when Rudy adopted me! He was in a cage with three other siblings. The shelter volunteer opened the door and out he came, right up onto a nearby filing cabinet. I went over to say hello and he gave me a kitty kiss, right on the lips. Then, he went to explore the rest of the filing cabinets, only to return to me and give me another kiss. Not hard to see why he went home with me!

Your Lily is precious!!