Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What's Next In Pictures? >

What's Next In Pictures?

What's Next In Pictures?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

sandpat wrote:
Quilting should be something that you enjoy and do at your own pace to relax...please don't feel pressure...it takes all the fun away We love to see your stuff...finished, partially finished..just cut out...or heck..we just like to look at fabric come to think of it!

I second that notion! ppl show us pictures of their fabrics and we all start drooling like pavlov's dogs, lol! It really doesn't take much to make this group happy! :D

mrsj
I sometimes do, what your doing...the pressure thing. We all need to remember...we got into quilting to have FUN!!! I have some chronic health problems that keep me from being able to stick to any kind of schedule, so I typed and printed my current project, you know...block1, block 2...on and on listing each part with spaces by each to go back later and fill in either the date that part is finished or just check it off, just help me see that I am making progress and as long as the child isn't full grown when she gets it, all will be ok. thanks for sharing, it helps me, I know. :D
Old 01-23-2009, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

mrsj
I sometimes do, what your doing...the pressure thing. We all need to remember...we got into quilting to have FUN!!! I have some chronic health problems that keep me from being able to stick to any kind of schedule, so I typed and printed my current project, you know...block1, block 2...on and on listing each part with spaces by each to go back later and fill in either the date that part is finished or just check it off, just help me see that I am making progress and as long as the child isn't full grown when she gets it, all will be ok. thanks for sharing, it helps me, I know. :D
I often do this. I write out each block, or instructions for each block, individually. That way, as I go, I can see that even though it doesn't feel as if I'm sitting still. I can see that I am making progress.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 PM

Melissa...
This is just
too darn CUTE :D :D :D
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM

I also tend to draw out each block if I'm using different ones and play with colored pencils.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

melissa wrote:
I also tend to draw out each block if I'm using different ones and play with colored pencils

wow, i do that too, on graph paper and keep them in folders. I can use up a lot of time 'planning' a project, but it so much fun. :wink:
p.s. and like others on here have said, this is how i sometimes can draw out a pattern instead of buying.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 PM

I use a lot of time in the planning too, but I want to make sure I can really make the top or blocks in question and not bite off more than I can chew. As I finish blocks, I just grab their drawing and cross them off the list. I like being able to keep track of progress.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by lorib
Loved the bathing beauties but I'm more interested in the ECU quilt! I went there a 100 years ago and where I live there arent too many ECU fans around. Best of luck on it
Well, here's a dose for ya. I've got about 1/2 done so far and it's going together pretty quickly. I cut out Petey from a small yard flag I found and mounted it on black in the middle.

The bathing beaties are all appliqued and now I just need to square up and border it.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-32343.jpe   attachment-32344.jpe  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM

Wow, I really like those little strips in the Pirate one. Is that what Bonnie from quiltville calls bricks?? Either way, it is gorgeous!

I don't know if I could keep that cool pattern straight when I was sewing it together. You did a great job!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Wow, I really like those little strips in the Pirate one. Is that what Bonnie from quiltville calls bricks?? Either way, it is gorgeous!

I don't know if I could keep that cool pattern straight when I was sewing it together. You did a great job!
Thanks! Actually it is really simple to sew together, no seams to match until you connect a block of ten rows to another one. It goes really fast too.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Originally Posted by mpeters1200

Thanks! Actually it is really simple to sew together, no seams to match until you connect a block of ten rows to another one. It goes really fast too.
Can you tell us where you got the directions or a pattern?
Thanks,
K