Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can anyone help please - machine embroidery >

Can anyone help please - machine embroidery

Can anyone help please - machine embroidery

Old 09-18-2011, 01:52 PM

if you're using windows vista or above you don't need winzip. You can just double click and the zip files will open
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 PM

www.sewforum.com has a lot of free designs and answers to your questions - enjoy your embroidery
Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM

I have a bernina and I have to have the software to use designs. There are lots of free designs on the web and some you have to pay for. Just stitch them out on a scrap before you use them on something good. The quality of designs vary a lot and you don't want to ruin something good.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Another good place to go for fun and machine information is the group called Embroidery Chat & Freebies, also connected with Stitch it Cheap Designs. Great group for getting information from members about machines and embroidery. Free designs too!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:18 PM

If you decide to invest in software, check out Embird before you buy anything. Very reasonable, easy to use.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM

I'm glad to learn the difference between zipped and unzipped. Thanks all.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:42 PM

I have a Brother 4000d and I use "Buzz explore" as a software program on my computer to store all my embriodery designs. That program allows you to see the design as a picture, unzips files, orginizes them in what ever catagories I want. I use just a 1GB or 2GB memory stick to use just the files I want to use for a project copy them from my computer to the stick and then put the stick in the sewing machine and it will see them. Be careful downloading some of the great big designs (larger than 5x7) your machine wont read them unless you have a machine that takes larger hoops or you have other computer software that can split the designs to fit the size hoops your machine reads.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 PM

I am able to use a USB cord connection from my computer that has the downloads, to my sewing machine that has a port in it. That would be handier that a stick if possible.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Does anyone have the Singer Futura CE-250? It requires the computer to be hooked up to it.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM

Your embroidery machine uses PES files - you will not be able to open them on your computer without special software. Also when you do download the design, if you do not have software, make sure you are downloading only designs for the size of your machine. If your machine cannot handle anything more than 4x4, then do not download a 5x7 because your machine cannot make the design smaller without screwing up the stitching. You can get free designs at several sites, if you want more information contact me personally, and I'll give you a list. I have 2 embroidery machines, and love to put them into my quilts. Recently I have just completed this quilt with embroidery and quilting. It's a present for my nephew.

Snoopy Time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258909[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258856.jpe