Favorite Breed

Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM

My Shih-tzu's have been the easiest dogs I've ever had. Their dispositions are so sweet and they've been easily trained........they're my boys!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

I have a poodle and love her, but I had a Chesepeake and I think she was an aweseome dog. She was very protective and hated violence of any kind. She wouldn't even let people spank their kids around her.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM

My favorite is Boston Terriers!! I always thought of myself as a big dog person, we had a German Shepard growing up that I adored! But an ex-bf had heard me talk about how cute I thought bostons were and surprised me with a puppy!! My little Austin the Boston!! Then I got Abbie and I have a feeling that I'm gonna be a Boston girl from now on.....I love pretty much all dogs though, well all pets in general! If I was going to get another dog though I think I might like to have a pug or a French bulldog!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Right now we have 3 dogs that are ours and one that belongs to the son. She is going home to ID with him in NOV.

The three are a rescue pomerainian. He is mine and is stuck to me when im home. Dolly is the husky/aussie cattle dog mix. I call her bonehead because she has a stubborn streak and will not listen when she doesn't want to. Then there is Splash (Echo's Angel) purbread Austrailan Shepard. She picked us one weekend when friends we were visiting had a litter of pups that were about 3 months old. She attatched herself to my husband and me all weekend and she came home with us.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 AM

We had Scotties, three of them but one at a time. They were all named Whiskers. We are very original! They were sweet dogs and I loved them, but they were stubborn as mules and not the brightest ones around. The last one was run over by DS's 16 year old friend about 30 years ago. She was 14, deaf and nearly blind.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 AM

At the moment we have a Doberman and a Silkie. Both are rescues. Both are good dogs, but have their baggage from their former lives.

But my heart belongs to German Shepherds. We used to breed them and in my humble opinion they are just the perfect dog. They are smart and can be taught anything you want. When we had puppies they all went to their new homes potty trained and knowing how to sit and stay. That was at eight weeks.

The reason we don't have a shepherd at the moment is because my husband was devastated when we lost his male dog, Kitty. He was thirteen and it was time, but it still hurt like heck. My husband wanted to try a different breed and we found Duke at the pound. Duke is a great dog, but just not a shepherd. We got Lucy the Silkie only because she needed a good stable home. She was one of 70+ dogs that were taken away from a hoarder. She is not the smartest dog but she is a happy girl.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 AM

I guess I like them all! I never thought of myself as a dog person until about 4 yrs ago when we got my daughter a Papillion (she has become one of my best friends). Since then we have added an Australian Shepherd who found us, an old, old Lhaso Apso, a Great Pyrenese, and two adorable Yorkies. I had always been a cat person (and still am), but have definitley added dogs to my loves.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM

I love labs, but don't know that I will ever own another. We have 2 now that are getting very old (12 and 13). They are very intelligent and great with the family, but training them is a royal pain - they just want to play- still! My old girl never did learn how to behave on a leash. We also have a St. Bernard. He's just over 1 year old. It took me about 10 minutes to teach him how to heal... now if we could just cure the selective hearing! I absolutely adore this dog - he is massive, but the laziest darned mutt ever. He enjoys his walks and chases the kids a few minutes each day, then naps the rest of the time.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:03 AM

My favorite breed is whatever one I have!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM

My heart belongs to the one I have! West Highland Terrier. Her name is Maggie Mae.