Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Resolutions at Guild Meeting >

Quilters Resolutions at Guild Meeting

Quilters Resolutions at Guild Meeting

Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 AM

Last year our Program Chair asked each member to think of their New Years Quilting Resolution and write it on an index card. She collected the cards has kept them to use for our November 2011 Resolution Program. Members are asked to bring their finished resolution results to the meeting. Each card will be read and the guild member asked to show their finished resolution results OR put their favorite fat quarter into the pot. Members who accomplished their resolution get to put their name in a drawing for the fat quarters. One ACHIEVER name will be drawn for the fat quarter bundle. Can anyone think of ways to make this a fun program? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:15 AM

Sounds like fun to me....
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 AM

The most important resolution is to be kind to each other. Something nice can be said about any completed project and negative, hurtful remarks made to anyone about anything in your guild will only harm the whole group. Your guild needs to be a source of inspiration, fun and fellowship no matter what activity you choose. I hope you have a great year.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

sounds good just the way it is.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Oh, Shelbie is too sweet.... my first thought was to put someone else's name on the resolution! I'm a joker and rabble-rouser, I guess.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 AM
mim

I hope lots of quilters resolve to be friendly to newcomers. Maybe a welcome potluck (if there are enough newcomers) along toward the end of the year??
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Peckish, that is too funny! Put down a Dear Jane and sign a name. :lol:
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
Last year our Program Chair asked each member to think of their New Years Quilting Resolution and write it on an index card. She collected the cards has kept them to use for our November 2011 Resolution Program. Members are asked to bring their finished resolution results to the meeting. Each card will be read and the guild member asked to show their finished resolution results OR put their favorite fat quarter into the pot. Members who accomplished their resolution get to put their name in a drawing for the fat quarters. One ACHIEVER name will be drawn for the fat quarter bundle. Can anyone think of ways to make this a fun program? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'm in that guild! I wasn't here in January so I missed out on the resolution. It'll be fun to see what everybody's resolutions were and what they got done.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
np3
Power Poster

This is great. I'm going to copy it!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM

I agree with Mim. Have tried a couple of Quilt Guilds, and found them to be clickesh, is that a word. I realize they have probably known each other for years, but newcomers seem to be outcasts. Needless to say, i don't belong to a guild now.