Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year??? >

Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Banned

I got to go to the Worlds largest yard sale this year and I will say this....IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Everyone here knows I am a vintage sewing machine collector/nut and I can not tell you how many treadles and vintage machines and accessories I saw and bought. Yes I had to buy some because the prices were so inexpensive I could get into the stuff for next to nothing and the type of goodies that were in Lewis County TN was the American Pickers dream run. I bought a few things that I already flipped like a set of NOS Tennessee bicycle license plates from 1953 and 1954, I paid $5 a pair for them ($10 total) and sold them this morning for $200 and I think Rex sold them for $200 a pair later on today. Then I found lots of sewing goodies and picked up a few things here and there but I am going to go next year for sure (hopefully I will be well enough to go) and I am going to buy up all of the vintage sewing machines and stuff I can fit in my enclosed 40' trailer. I am also going to buy all of the porcelain signs and automobilia I can get my hands on to just so I can flip it and make out okay on the sewing machines I am keeping. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did see a lot of makes that I have not seen before and lots of pre 1900 stuff that had me going nuts over. Needless to say my vacation will be the yard sale next year!

Billy
Old 10-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Sounds like a GREat Vacation to look forward to!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Golly gosh gee wizz, Billy!

There is NO stopping you!

Glad to hear you had a great time but now rest up and take it easy!

J
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Yeah it goes from West Virginia or Virginia to Georgia along one hwy. I have read about it, and have heard things here and there about it, and it was featured on "Junkers" one time. Now that I went I am sold on it and I have to go every year that the good Lord will let me go!!

But in the 10 miles that my wife and I drove we saw at least 3500 vendors and if there was a field there had to be 200+ in the fields all with the neatest things you can imagine seeing. I cant drive right now so my wife was doing the driving and I was whipping my head around trying to catch anything that looked like a sewing machine!! :lol: I would holler "Stop" and she would let me out and I would meander through the goodies while she parked the car and caught up to me. I think the fastest we drove down the Hwy was 15mph so it was not like I was causing any major traffic issues. Everyone was doing the same thing.

If you never been plan on going I think there is even a website dedicated to it so you know the route it goes.

Billy
Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 PM

That sounds so fantastic. Wish I wasn't so far away.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Sounds fantastic and so glad that you were feeling up to it!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Wow! Sounds like fun - I would love to go, I've watched it a couple of times on tv. So glad that you got a chance to go!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 PM

I've heard about this & even saw something on TV about it a couple of years ago. I want to go :D

Glad you were feeling up to doing it now & happy to hear you got so many good finds.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Link: http://www.127sale.com/
Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 PM

I dream of doing this yard sale someday...
I have seen some of it on tv, and then people like you, tell of all the fun you had...glad you got some good stuff..