Bookmarks

Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 PM

I THINK..... at the top/right of the thread you should see "Thread Tools" "Search Thread" and "Displey"
If you click on the little down arrow beside Thread Tools, a drop down box comes up, you click on subscribe to this thread. Then another screen pops up that has two things... "notifications" and "Folder"
Click on folder to add to "Bookmark" or "Subscription". You can then find those under your profile or settings.
Some how you can add and name your folders. I did but dont even remember how I did it!
Best way it to just play with it and learn by trial and error! Good Luck
Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lindacan View Post
How do I bookmark a thread that I wish to return to later, like one that has a pattern or a tutorial?
Up above the post-(Thread)-that you want to put in BOOKMARKS, there is a beige line. Click the little arrow next to
"thread tools"- then click "subscribe to this thread". This will put it in your bookmarks. Then to see your bookmarks- new and old- go up to the top of the page CLICK "SETTINGS". Then look to the left side of the page that comes up. You will see a place that says "BOOKMARKS". Click there. All your bookmarks will show up.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Thank you lovingmama, that sure simplified a lot of things, trying to figure my way around still.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM

I am not sure about this new and improved site.............. took me forever to get into the help center. If I go into pictures it takes me almost 5 min. to go from page to page.......... please bring back the old site.......
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 AM

Unhappy How to bookmark

You use to be able to bookmark a post .. With this new "look" were and how do you bookmark? Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Default Bookmarks

please tell me that we can still see/find the bookmark subtitles....for example if someone posted a picture with just the title "Finally Done!" well that doesn't really tell you much. You used to be able to bookmark it and give it a "subtitle" of "good idea for so & so's quilt", so when you were ready to make that quilt you could go back and look at that picture. I had a TON of those and now it seems like they're gone. Can anyone help?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:40 AM

I can't find the Thread Tools link. I have asked Patrice, and her answer to me was "LOOK UP". That didn't help at all, because when I look up, I don't see the thread tools link. If I did, I wouldn't be asking!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:59 AM

When I try to find out information I come to a post like this. There are currently 13 pages on this site. The last one I looked at trying to find out how to post pictures there were 158 PAGES!!! to many interruptions here to go through all those pages. Also, when I did start through I mostly saw responses like " This has already been answered..." Sorry, I really am trying. Just getting a headache. Not a lot of fun on here lately. Still like to read the posts and LOOK at the pictures. Thanks
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
I THINK..... at the top/right of the thread you should see "Thread Tools" "Search Thread" and "Displey"
If you click on the little down arrow beside Thread Tools, a drop down box comes up, you click on subscribe to this thread. Then another screen pops up that has two things... "notifications" and "Folder"
Click on folder to add to "Bookmark" or "Subscription". You can then find those under your profile or settings.
Some how you can add and name your folders. I did but dont even remember how I did it!
Best way it to just play with it and learn by trial and error! Good Luck
I remember this because I just did it again. Click on "Settings". Go down to Subscriptions on the left, click on "Edit Folders". A screen will appear that allows you to add up to three at a time.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Default Cannot Bookmark--need help!

I have reviewed and tried over and over to Bookmark threads. This is what I do and what I get: I click "Thread Tools" then click "Subscribe to this thread". In the second box where I'm supposed to pick the preferred notification method, I don't get the choice of subscribe or bookmark. My choices consist of seven of the threads that I have subscribed to since this board changed. I can't delete them, I can't change them. I seem to be stuck.

If anyone knows how I can fix this SNAFU, please help me. If someone knows how I can reach a moderator for help in fixing this problem, please help me. I have just been taking pictures, with my cell phone, of the threads that I want to keep track of because I can't bookmark them. I'm so frustrated.

I also cannot locate my old bookmarks. All I can find is the same seven threads that I've subscribed to since the board changed.

I hope that I can find this again to check for answers since I can't bookmark it.

Last edited by Grambi; 11-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.