Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
I have over 900 PMs, so I can't get any more, but unless I go back and read every PM and decide if I can delete it or need to save it, I can't delete them. Why can't I check each one shown on a page that I want to delete and have a button to delete them? The other option I can find that will allow me to avoid reading and deleting every PM individually wipes out my entire inbox!!! NO WAY!!!!!!! Hate this new format and wish they would go back to the one we loved and worked for us. I hate not getting an email notice of new posts on a thread I was either watching or actively participating in.
There should be a box on the upper right when you view your inbox, above all of the messages. It is right next to where it says Messages: x (no). Check it. Then go down to the blue "selected messages". Click and select delete from the drop down. You domed to do it one page at a time.

Last edited by Krisb; 11-04-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Yesterday on QH they announced that they had 150 new members in 24 hours, and probably more today.
Mmm it did tickle me going over to have a look at the "said" site that it has a bright white background, ads all up the side even when reading posts, no unread topics etc, etc, all the reasons certain people gave for leaving here.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
There should be a box on the upper right when you view your inbox, above all of the messages. It is right next to where it says Messages: x (no). Check it. Then go down to the blue "selected messages". Click and select delete from the drop down. You domed to do it one page at a time.

Well, I did discover that you can delete more than one page at a time. Once you've selected the PM by checking it, just go to page 2, select those, then page 3 and select those and so on. It will keep the first ones selected as you go thru. I got up to almost 500 PMs deleted at once as I figured this out. But I did it on my own from being on Outlook...just thought I would try the same thing. But don't ask me how to get anywhere else. I'm staying put for now in What's New and the VSMS thread.

PS: One of the things I disliked most so far is having to log in constantly. I log in at the beginning of a session and if I leave the computer for any amount of time, the QB makes me log in again. Sometimes, I keep the Board up but might have to get up to do something else for a while; then I would come back to the Board, do a Refresh and keep on reading. Now, if I stay gone too long, I have to log in all over again. I can understand a session timing out when I'm on PayPal or my bank site but can't quite figure out why that is needed here. We're not even suppose to put our emails in the posts! Just extra steps to take to get where we want to go.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM

When I clicked on my link before, I saw what was going on all at once, just scroll down and there it is. Now I have to log in each time and hunt for what I want. Everyone loved the old Forum, why fix it when it was great ? I wonder how many people will now stop using it ?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
kbs

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
I'll go first, I can not stand the WHITE background. Please see if they can change it to a soft yellow or a pale green. I saw a post that they had darkened it down, but I can't tell enough of a difference. Thanks, Becky.
I can figure out the differences in the board but can't read on this white background, makes my eyes hurt.

Nanamoms you just need to click remember me when you next log in, I haven't had to log in since the change over x

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
Have you tried adjusting your screen brightness as my background is a pale cream since they adjusted it, just a thought..sorry off topic! x
I don't see the "bright white" everyone is complaining about either and I've looked at the board on three different computers trying to see what they're talking about. It's off-white/cream on the three laptops in my house. I think some people just have their monitors set too bright.

Sandy
Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 PM

Wanabee again just tick remember me, what are you hunting for? Could you set your link to go straight to to the homepage or whatever section you usually read? Mine goes to Whats New as that is the bit I use the most x

Last edited by twinkle; 11-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Unread Topics
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM

The white back ground is hard on my eyes.So I'll be taking a few more breaks than before.I miss the old format-- It was so easy But I WILL figure this one out. Heck everything I do on the computer is a bit of a challenge- so whats one more? Its going to be OK...We all need to have a bit more Patience.--------To the Moderators I'm sorry for my earlier complaints I love this board and I thank you all for all the work you put into it -Dawn aka Stitchit123