Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A missing step in "moving on"- a place to acknowledge our feelings of loss >

A missing step in "moving on"- a place to acknowledge our feelings of loss

A missing step in "moving on"- a place to acknowledge our feelings of loss

Old 11-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Default A missing step in "moving on"- a place to acknowledge our feelings of loss

It occurred to me in reading lots of the messages that many people on here feel a real and deep sense of loss at the demise of the old board. So far, the only solace they can get is to be told that the new one will be better. It occurred to me that that might not be the most helpful thing for them to hear right now.

So, without making any judgement whatever on the relative merits of the old and the new, can we take a moment to farewell our deal old friend properly, and express our sense of loss, without being told why the new one will be better?

I'll start:

Dear old board: Finding you improved my life, helped me dare to try new projects I thought I could never do and showed me the depth of (specifically, but not only, womanly) creativity and kindness that is out there all over the world.

I was deeply shocked to lose you so suddenly, having not known that there was anything wrong.

You had been there for me for so long and I appreciated your constancy. You helped me to learn. You introduced me to new people. You were comfortable and familiar. I wish I could see you again, but I accept tht this is not possible.

I will miss you. Farewell, old friend!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:58 PM

dear noveltyjunkie. We are still here.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I no longer look forward to visiting the board when I get up now. You are correct, I feel like a friend is gone. I am comfortable with my computer, so I am able to browse the new site fairly well. But I really don't want to any more. I like knowing what I've read and having a simple road to where I want to go. I felt a few new topics would help and a link to older boards to revisit from time to time would have been welcomed by all. Just too much to say about it all......but I wonder if we'll ever know just how many are gone now. glenda
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM

If there is a Rainbow Bridge for quilt boards, I know you'll be there!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Noveltyjunkie your words are my thoughts --As one door closes another one opens.I'm hoping members who want to opt out come back I will miss them also
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I am still here and will stay, new changes don't scare me. I like adventures that I can go on sitting in a chair inside my home.