Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Mark Forums Read Function >

Mark Forums Read Function

Mark Forums Read Function

Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 AM

Default Mark Forums Read Function

How can I "not see" read threads. I have set subscriptions, set dating of what I want to see, but still have threads that have no new messages. Also, the Whats New? function. Is it suppose to look at all "subscribed" categories or all categories in forum. I have read suggestions from other members, which is good information, but still get read messages. In the past I would click the "unread section", read, and then mark "read". This seems to cut down on computer time. This may seem terrible to say, but I don't want to go thru pages of "Great Job", "beautiful", etc. I am sure the member who posted original message get great pleasure from reading this, so would I. We all need positive reforcement. However, after reading the original post, I would rather move on to newer items. Back to my question, can I mark the original post and not see it in my subscriptions when I return to forum? Sorry if this is rambling, just returned from vacation and trying to catch up. Love the forum!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 AM

Here's what I do.
I go to the bottom of the page and click on ARCHIVE. You'll find it almost at the end of this page.........on my computer, it's in a black strip near the CONTACT US section. This will bring up a mini list of forum sections. Let's say you want to see the pics. Click on PICTURES. This will bring up a list of all the posts to that section. After you've read a post, the color of the title changes. That way you know you have read that post.

I bookmarked the Pictures page on my computer and use it to quickly get to the page anytime I come on the internet.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 AM

I agree with not being able to only pull up new threads, so this is what I do. Hope that it helps you. You know when you were last on the board, so you know how far back you want to go to get new threads.
Go to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS

This is found at the bottom of every forum that you go to.

The first option box is SHOW THREADS FROM THE:
And you can click on
Last day
Last 2 days
Last week
And so on

The second option box is SORT THREADS BY:
And you can click on
Last post time
Thread start time
And so on
I click on thread start time, so I get the newest thread, not the newest posts to a thread.

The third option is to choose ASCENDING or DESCENDING
And you want to click on descending

Originally Posted by niizh View Post
How can I "not see" read threads. I have set subscriptions, set dating of what I want to see, but still have threads that have no new messages. Also, the Whats New? function. Is it suppose to look at all "subscribed" categories or all categories in forum. I have read suggestions from other members, which is good information, but still get read messages. In the past I would click the "unread section", read, and then mark "read". This seems to cut down on computer time. This may seem terrible to say, but I don't want to go thru pages of "Great Job", "beautiful", etc. I am sure the member who posted original message get great pleasure from reading this, so would I. We all need positive reforcement. However, after reading the original post, I would rather move on to newer items. Back to my question, can I mark the original post and not see it in my subscriptions when I return to forum? Sorry if this is rambling, just returned from vacation and trying to catch up. Love the forum!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by niizh View Post
I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.