Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
New look of this site - just cannot get used to it. >

New look of this site - just cannot get used to it.

New look of this site - just cannot get used to it.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Unhappy New look of this site - just cannot get used to it.

Wondering .....
Is anyone else having trouble adjusting to the updated site? I keep coming back, but just do not feel comfortable navigating around it. As a result, I find myself using it less and less.
I also cannot make my previous signature return on my posts - used to be on the bottom of each msg I posted - now it is gone, even though I have checked "signature" at end of note.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Yes I have trouble but I had a problem with the other site,I'm not what you say real computer savy,I do enjoy getting on the quilting board,there are a lot of interesting and very savy quilters.

d.swindle
Old 11-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Go all the way down to the bottom of the page, and click on Archive. This will bring up a screen that you can click on what you want to look at.After you have read one of the items, it changes colors to you dont have to look at it again unless you want to. The newest posts are listed first which makes it helpful if you only want to look at the days posts. Hopes this helps you. The fancy signatures that used to be at the bottom of your post, are no longer there. The new system doesn't allow them.

Last edited by Sweeterthanwine; 11-23-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 PM

It has been a difficult change for me but I think it is getting better by the day. Hang in there and keep trying!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 AM

I feel the same way but I go back very day and I am getting used to it. my biggest gripe right now is having to move the message across the page as I read or type. I also do not know how to post pictures. There is a lot of things I do not know about my computer, like why I don't get other reply's sent to me after I post a reply.
I also wish I could be a grandma to some young teen who no longer has a grandma and then I could adopt them as a grandchile BUT they would have to be good at computers. LOL
Old 11-24-2011, 12:40 PM

I use too come on here alot each day. I have lost interest with this now.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:28 PM

Don't feel alone, this new site has gotten many of us up in arms. I use to read here everyday but well tune in maybe twist a week now to view so pretty quilts. I normally pretty good with computers and figuring things out , I spent over 8 hours 3 days ago to post a pic of a old machine I found. I went into everyones post how to post ( I know everyone does not have the same screens to view) like someone says to go to the yellow well there is'nt any yellow to go to so that put a stop for me. Sadly missing the good times past.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Yes, Jan, me too. It will take a bit of getting used to. My biggest problem is that the holidays are upon us and I don't have the time to navigate. I think after the 1st of the year I'll have more time
Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM

I agree with you. I don't come here much anymore and now tonight I wanted to bookmark something and i can't find where to do it. I really do not like this set-up. The other way was soooo much easier. I wish they would go back to the other way. It was so much easier to navigate. I'm disappointed with this new way.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 PM

Its just like learning anything else new, I'm no quitter so I will learn it because it is important to me. I just about have it all down pat now. Everyone is so helpful just ask.