Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday Joanns >

Black Friday Joanns

Black Friday Joanns

Old 11-25-2011, 02:28 PM

I'm still mad at Joann's, didn't think it would last this long, lol. That and they didn't really have anything I can't live without.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:29 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Now why didn't I think to shop online?? Duh! OK, next year I'll be ready!!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:58 AM

have you enrolled for a VIP card for JoAnn's? It will allow for another 10% discount off of the total.....but you must be a guild member but if you belong to that quilting group on the web that also offers a 10% disc card, you cannot use both.......one or the other. I have the VIP card, it is renewable yearly and it doesn't cost anything.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:17 AM

There were 70 people in front of me in the cutting line. I grabbed my number the minute I walked in the store. I tried to buy online at midnight and the site was not functioning correctly. there were women I spoke to that said they were buying the fleece to resell.
It was madness. Why do we continue to allow businesses to yank our chain? Retailors tell us to jump and we say "how high" I'm going on strike. No more black friday for me.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:04 AM

I finally broke down and got the 36"x59" cutting mat. On sale for half price ($29.99) minus another 25%. For $22.50 I just couldn't pass it up. Got some basting pins at 50% minus 25% too. Made a second trip and bought a tree ornament storage box that I've been wanting for a few years now. Same sale. That and a trip to my LQS for half price FQs made it a great day.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 AM

I had to wait for a shoppong cart when I arrived but that still didn't prepare me for the crowd waiting for fabric to be cut. I only went for the sewing table I have been considering and it was 60% off plus the 25% so it was $60. Then there was the small Fiskars rotating mat with trim rotary cutter and a couple of stackable boxes for projects. I wandered a little but was out in an hour. Well worth the 45 miles and besides there was nothing black about the weather. A
beautiful day for a drive!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cowman Creations View Post

I was busy getting out my credit card and coupons so I wouldn't tie up the line. I guess I'd better start watching them ring up everything so I can check the bill before I pay.
My mother & I braved Joann's Friday & Saturday.Friday was insane. But there was plenty of help at the cutting tables & ALL registers were up & running.
This morning we got there for the 7 am opening for the Quilting Cotton Sale....What a disappointment in the selection!!
I swear there was only 4 shelves of the sale Quilting Cotton. So about 80 Bolts of Fabric & many of them were NOT Whole New Bolts! Some only had a yard or 2 on them. But I did manage to get quite a stash of Black White & Red for a future Quilt.
The Interfacing was on sale for 3.99 a Bolt ( dont recall the yardage) But as we were driving home my mother noticed she was charged 39.90 Twice for the Interfacing. It is over a 50 mile round trip to Joann's. I plan on writing the Manager.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Default JoAnns'

I did mine online. Free shipping. Never had to leave the house. YEAH!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:25 PM

I waited until today and even had some $$ left over for lunch. Hubby tossed a $20 my way and I bought an OTT light. Have been wanting one for quite some time. Hoping it helps with night time sewing. Also bought two yards of Christmas fabric, 2 1/2 yds of the 120" wide muslin, a queen sized batt and a pillow form. All this came to $48 and change. I'm pleased with what I got and how little I paid for it all.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 PM

I braved it also, or rather survived it! Took three hours from entering the store to exit. I spent 150.00 purchased some batting but mainly bought all the flannel I could. Such a great price, I have some that will be for backings. I also have a friend having a baby boy so I stocked up on flannel to use for burp clothes and bibs. It was still fun even though it took so long, everyone was happy no grumpy butts at my store :-)