Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Not sure what to suggest, Cookie ... do you have a stash? You could probably start with it, if you wanted. Many are using novelties with a western theme. Mine are going to be more of a rural mix, to take it beyond just western and pony! Earlier in the thread, you can see my anchor fabric which did come from my stash, and then I'll mix/match from there from my stash and yes, I have bought some to add in. Mine will be a coordinated scrappy! Also, there's a few pics of what others are using. MiraBelle has a beautiful mix of fabrics, non-western, non-novelty.

So it's really up to you and the look, colours, that you want and what your end plan will be for the quilt. Take a look at Laurie's site again for a look at her PC quilt for ideas. If you're wanting novelties, that's what to zero in on, as many of us are finding those harder to find than the typical blenders. Have fun shopping!
thanks quilte I do have some stash not much like others on here since I am just begining. I think I will do like some other make sure I have a basic and add from my stash. I am really excited thanks for the help.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM

Haven't been here in awhile; still need to read this whole thread. Just wanted to take a minute and welcome all the "newcomers" and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I promise to get my butt in gear after the holidays and "pony up"! Have wonderful and safe holidays.
Peace & Joy: Jan
Old 12-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Power Poster

I'm not sure if fate wants me to join! Went to the "big city" again to get the last of the shopping done--can't help it I have 9 grands! I did take time to stop at the 2 LQS there--and guess what neither one had the book. Hmm I may have to check on line, or maybe not.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I'm not sure if fate wants me to join! Went to the "big city" again to get the last of the shopping done--can't help it I have 9 grands! I did take time to stop at the 2 LQS there--and guess what neither one had the book. Hmm I may have to check on line, or maybe not.
OKSGlad .... I don't think you will find it in an LQS. I think it's only available via Laurie. And yes, I've been wrong before. Yessssss ...... you are drawn and it's meant to be! *giggles* Hope you had success for the Grands ... and can say you are done!

TDT ... yea or nay?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 AM

oksewglad it is available in Iowa; friend picked up ours in Creston & it was in Des Moines at the AQS show. Check Connecting Threads and Amazon; they should have it on line now. I was not going on with the rest of the FWQ until my friend showed up with a book for me...

I am sure it will be another fun journey that you will not want to miss... time to say "yes" and go for it.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Ordered mine on amazon.com mine is to be here Friday and I ordered it on Sunday
Old 12-22-2011, 07:48 AM

QuiltNinaSue

The Best of the Farmer's Wife Cookbook, from Voyageur Press, available on Amazon.

...13 different pies??! I didn't know there were that many different pies to be made. LOL
Old 12-22-2011, 08:14 AM

You can purchase it at Laurie's website: www.thefarerswifequilt.com She ships Priority Mail if you request it, usually on the day she receives the order. Note that the prices on Amazon are for Media Mail, which takes sometime this side of forever.

Eventually the distributors will get around to the LQSs. Asking about the book at your LQS will call their attention to it, then they'll be more likely to carry it when the distributor visits.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
TDT Of course, I'm sure you already know that part of that happiness would be that you share the recipes with us!

Oh my, that touches on a personally very sensitive spot with regard to copyright issues involving works in the public domain, and work derived from the public domain. Laurie's book and the cookbook from Voyageur Press are derivative works. Bottom line, if I share recipes from the book, I'm violating the copyright held by Voyageur Press. The very fine distinction that gets by most people is that the original published recipes remain in the public domain, and I'm free to share those--if I'm willing and able dig them up from the actual Farmer's Wife magazines. That's not going to happen. LOL

BTW, some people mistakenly believe that the Internet is the public domain. Not! In very loose layman's terms, Public Domain is a legal definition describing the duration of a copyright.

Anyway, I'll be happy to post Yummy Reports on the recipes. And, of course, let you know of any collisions involving sharp knives and appendages. LOL

TDT[COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua][B], here's a question you might be able to answer, about the geneology of the FW that these quilts are based on...
Which leads me to wonder, if this FW is the predecessor of the current magazine?
Early on in the process, Laurie did an extensive search for any company that might still hold copyrights on The Farmer's Wife magazines to see if she needed copyright permission to use the children's letters. I'll ask her the name of the company she found.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Hey thanks for the order info. Will check into it after the tribe leaves early next week. I take "one day at a time Sweet Jesus" most days let alone at Christmas or County Fair time.
Q Nina Sue--thanks for the Iowa connection, but I live 4 hours from those two towns
Had my QB fix for the day, signing off.