Tired and sad

Old 12-16-2011, 04:54 PM

Default Tired and sad

I finally finished all my projects for Christmas. Wahoo. Today I spent the whole day cleaning my room where I sew because that is the only place I can put up the Christmas tree. What a job! So, now I'm sad because I won't be able to sew for a few weeks. I was really tempted to not put up the tree. But I am having people visit, so I really didnt have a choice. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm getting my list ready for what I want to make in 2012. Does anyone else have ideas as to what they are going to make?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:04 PM

I have some kits on hand that I want to make. One is for my DGD that she wants to help me with. Also a small group of quilter's have a challenge to make a quilt based on a song this year. I have to pick my song and then have it done by next December. Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy your company and we can all get back to sewing in the New Year. Merrry Christmas!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:07 PM

You are probably already putting your tree up, but if it is not to late I say skip it! My tree was making me feel sad and someone told me to not put it up and I haven't missed it a bit! Life is to short to do something that makes us sad. Presents are festive even if they are piled on the coffee table.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM

I have a mini tree maybe 2 ft tall. Ornaments and lights stay on. In Jan I cover it with a cleaners bag and it lives in the basement. Come December all I have to do is carry it upstairs and plug it in!
Sue in OH
Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

I saw on www.sewmanyways.com this week that she has a half tree that hangs on her door. She was decorating it with sewing items. Might be an idea for next year if you can find the half tree at your Walmart after Christmas sale.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Merry Christmas. Fill your time joyfully by thinking about (and jotting down) all the beautiful creations you are looking forward to. Enjoy this lovely holiday! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Default A break!

Oh, Komammy, no, no planning for NEXT Christmas, no, no, no, please, I don't even know what I'm planning for THIS Christmas yet! Really!

Jan in VA, where I might just crawl into bed and pull the cover over my head, LOL!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Yes, I have a list on excel of my Christmas ideas and projects for next year. Plan on starting on them right after Christmas so I can get started while I am in the season. This year I have made several of my gifts and it sure saved on spending money this time of year and time shopping. It was wonderful. It has encouraged me to try to make more items for next year.
I plan to make my daughter in-laws, purses and totes. My son a fishing quilt, my boss a fishing/cabin quilt. Embrodiery some kitchen towels. I want to stock up on the towels.Trivets,and 10 minute runners, etc. My goal is to have gifts available at a moment's notice. I might be dreaming, but that is my goal.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:33 PM

I usually make one big list for the year, then pick out the fabrics and pattern for 4-5 at a time. I put them in a stack and just start out with the one on top and work my way through the list throughtout the year. I find if I do it that way I don't have UFO's to be done.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:37 PM

I decided I was done with the christmas gifts to make so did some wrapping and got cards ready to mail out. No tree I have not put one up for several years I don't miss it either. I did clean up the sewing room and it made me feel good everything put away it looks good.